Painter and carpenter in north Brisbane

Hi,

I am looking to get a cheap and reliable painter and carpenter for the Redcliffe area, does anyone have any recommendations?
Basically looking to get 1 coat of paint to freshen up and to rebuild some stairs which will fall down due to rot.

Cheers,

Hi,

I am looking to get a cheap and reliable painter and carpenter for the Redcliffe area, does anyone have any recommendations?
Basically looking to get 1 coat of paint to freshen up and to rebuild some stairs which will fall down due to rot.

Cheers,

Please advise of your urgency to have the work undertaken? Is it a job that needs doing now or can it be undertaken on an agreed weekend ?

Please advise of your urgency to have the work undertaken? Is it a job that needs doing now or can it be undertaken on an agreed weekend ?

Basically its a vacant house and I need to get some work done so it can be advertised for rent, so ideally don't want to wait too long

Cheers,

I have never used him but Brian shares his knowledge on SS, could be worth an email,

Hi,

To me it looks like you need to check the roof for one or more of the following, 1. failed valley flashing, broken roof tiles, leaf matter blocking the gutter causing water to overflow in to the soffit area. It also looks like there is a timber moulding under the gutter secured to the facia this poses a WHY question to me. You may need to check the facia out as it maybe some rot there.

It will be easier and cheaper to remove the couple of sheets in question including the timber mouldings. You can then ensure the structural timbers are not damaged / rotten this is the same for the facia board.

Once all checked re sheet and replace the mouldings and paint (don't sand the existing sheets before painting). If you feel the need re move all the asbestos soffits sheets. This of course is a much bigger job and lots more $$$$.

Brian

Back