Pakenham, a terrible stench....

I am looking to buy some property in Pakenham (Lakeside area)and just found out about this problem. According to the story "sickening’ stench has been on the nose of residents for more than 20 years"
!s it really that bad? I have been there a few times and haven't noticed it.

http://www.starnewsgroup.com.au/story/84040

I was there yesterday, my old man has lived in Pakenham for 10 years, I'd never noticed a stench.... until yesterday.

lol

Been there a few times myself and havent noticed a stench. I wouldnt live or invest there though

For the price of a nice house in one of those estates surely you could get something on a bit of land just outside town? Not like the estates are central anyway....

No Stench

I've been living in Pakenham for 4 years (like to stress that I was not born and raised there), and I have not noticed the stench. However outskirts of town towards Koo Wee Rup there is the stockyards, meat works, chicken farms etc so these may be causing the stench.

Pakenham is OK to live in, great for first home buyers to get their foot in the door in the property market. Takes a while to get use to being so far from everything. Its been ages since I've been to the city. I'm moving anyway and selling my home, back to the outer eastern suburbs to me.

It takes apparently 55 min to Flinders St. on V Line train and 1.20min by Metro train.
The train station in Pakenham looks shocking, I think it must me one of the worst station in Vic. A few untimely sorts hang around drunk in the streets during the day.

wow - 55mins - is that all?
plus 15 mins getting to station
5 mins to park
10 mins to pay and wait
10-15mins getting to work from Flinders.

next thing you know you're spending 3 hours a day on public transport. that's an eighth of every working day either travelling or waiting. yay.

It takes apparently 55 min to Flinders St. on V Line train and 1.20min by Metro train.
The train station in Pakenham looks shocking, I think it must me one of the worst station in Vic. A few untimely sorts hang around drunk in the streets during the day.

Yeah, those that hang out at Flinders St coming straight from the Y & Js are all angels. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I don't blame you, we've all been brainwashed (not trying to sound condescending), I just don't appreciate the prejudice.

Back