Partner and I splitting have shared house.

A couple of months ago I made a post about a good lawyer. I can't count how many Somersoft men have contacted me wanting that lawyer's name. I won't name names. Not one woman has ever contacted me wanting his details.

That proves absolutely nothing! In fact it probably disproves your point in that, mens are the one who are going to get reemed and know it.
Once again, you're going throw around multi meaning facts or observations to try and make a point, and you'll once again disappear once you get proven wrong or it gets 'too hard'

A couple of months ago I made a post about a good lawyer. I can't count how many Somersoft men have contacted me wanting that lawyer's name. I won't name names. Not one woman has ever contacted me wanting his details.

Did china ask for the number just in case?

That proves absolutely nothing! In fact it probably disproves your point in that, mens are the one who are going to get reemed and know it.
Once again, you're going throw around multi meaning facts or observations to try and make a point, and you'll once again disappear once you get proven wrong or it gets 'too hard'

No, he made it clear that men are the ones who stitch up the women.

I'm sorry but I won't try to convince you of anything. You have your preconceived idea that women are all money-grubbing, lazy, greedy witches with no redeeming qualities. If that's your world view, that's all you'll ever see.

I think the family law act is extremely fair. Don't know how it could be made even fairer.

Most of my men friends are happily single. some divorced, others never married. They all crap on about how it is all in the woman's favour etc. "come with a hadbag leave with a house" one said. I guess groups of women say similar things - but I don't have any lady friends so I don't know.

A very good divorce lawyer once told me--after I said that women would probably get legal advice before men during a divorce--that no, in his experience it was almost always the men who go to the divorce lawyer first to find out how to protect what they see as 'their' assets and start planning a long time before the woman has any idea. He had been practising family law for more than 35 years, so he knew.

In other news, water is wet and the sky is blue.
Of course men will be the first to seek advice when a divorce is looming. It's so he can protect his assets and try to retain at least 30-40% of them after the woman gouges him in the family law courts. This is so obvious that it doesn't require any further discussion.

In other news, water is wet and the sky is blue.
Of course men will be the first to seek advice when a divorce is looming. It's so he can protect his assets and try to retain at least 30-40% of them after the woman gouges him in the family law courts. This is so obvious that it doesn't require any further discussion.

Couldnt have said it anY clearer

How you could argue the exact opposite, is beyond me.

Not surprising to be honest

I think the family law act is extremely fair. Don't know how it could be made even fairer.

100% agreed.

I can't remember the last time I heard a valid criticism about the property division laws that wasn't some ridiculous and bitter emotional rant.

...including somersoft unfortunately - and I would have thought the peeps on here would be more rational but apparently not.

Servicing the loan may be an issue on 44k + rent as the St George servicing calc is in the bottom half of the generousity spectrum. A quick check via an MB or the bank will give you the answer to that one.

Thank you to all whom gave some advice.

I'm seeing a lawyer on Friday who do Property settlement and Family law.

I was advised that sometime they can do 'package' deals as in help with transfer of title (conveyancing), and the agreement to settle her payout out etc and the non payment of stamp duty by and agreement or consent order.

Unfortunately I dont think you will get any cg from the Gold Coast, we have been waiting for years for it to shift. At best all the backlog has gone and you would actually be able to sell it again

Back