Partner and I splitting have shared house.

Straight to lawyer, get the $7,300 sorted and thank you stars and move on. The $7,300 will be a lot less then cost if decides to take it further. She might not end up with anymore, but the costs to decide that will.

Had a client who split from his partner of 4-5years defacto for about 2-3 he owned the PPOR and an IP both in his own name, she asked for $10,000 he got legal advise and they suggested this was best as will be cheaper. Got the $10,000 together but by then someone else had got into her ear that she would be entitled to more and didn't take the $10,000.

So... yeah! It clearly is the women who are the ones out to screw the men over every time :rolleyes:

I can assure you the ratio would be like 100:1 or some lopsided ratio

For your guy to have done that requires planning, busines expeirence, due diligence, luck and a high degree of cunningness. Which eliminates most of the population including me

The reverse situation requires no more then to have the right chromosomes and friends/lawyers/feminists around to get in your ear. and there a alot of them thenlast time i checked

I can assure you the ratio would be like 100:1 or some lopsided ratio

I call BS on that. I know several women who have been screwed over, and no men. I'm sure most men would know men screwed over and not many women. Do you see a pattern forming? :rolleyes:

For your guy to have done that requires planning, busines expeirence, due diligence, luck and a high degree of cunningness. Which eliminates most of the population including me

The reverse situation requires no more then to have the right chromosomes and friends/lawyers/feminists around to get in your ear. and there a alot of them thenlast time i checked

I call BS on that too. I don't deny there are bad apples of both sexes but who has the more earning power? Who can start again more easily? Who gets to do most of the child rearing?

I think "most" men come out financially better after a divorce. I'm not talking mega-rich here, but even then, they come out better. It is just that with the mega-rich the crumbs are bigger for the women.

I know a man with five kids, four who were school age, and the proposed split was 65/45 in her favour, with the kids undoubtedly being mostly in her care, even with a 50/50 split. I know women with a 50/50 split and their 50 always is more like 75% of the time.

I'd just like to see a bit more balance on this forum when it comes to certain posters and certain subjects.

I think "most" men come out financially better after a divorce. I'm not talking mega-rich here, but even then, they come out better. It is just that with the mega-rich the crumbs are bigger for the women.

I'd just like to see a bit more balance on this forum when it comes to certain posters and certain subjects.
if you are taking the average nuclear family (or whatever its called with two kids, and man working)

There is no possible way the guy will come out financially better

First of all. He has to move out
secondly. He has to find his own place
thirdly he has to pay out her share if she demands
fourthly. He has to pay chikd support from post tax
fifthly, any non financial contribute she was making, he now has to account for eg cleaning for example

The only benefit he may get is that he doesnt get her personal expenses taken out of his salary any more

As for the stinkjng rich people. I wouldnt have a clue since i know none

And yes one of my ex gfs got screwed by her husband too. Apparently renegotiated his salary to lower it based on meal, travel, car, hotel expenses and by selling his midlife crisis car to get it not included or at a lower value

I call BS on that too. I don't deny there are bad apples of both sexes but who has the more earning power? Who can start again more easily? Who gets to do most of the child rearing?

I know a man with five kids, four who were school age, and the proposed split was 65/45 in her favour, with the kids undoubtedly being mostly in her care, even with a 50/50 split. I know women with a 50/50 split and their 50 always is more like 75% of the time.

65/45 eh?

Bet the guy liked those maths! :p

pinkboy

There are a lot of female business people that are paying child support to ex husbands. I know soooo many of them personally.

Making it a male/female thing instead of looking at the finances of the individuals involved really confuses it.

In my marriage - I had 4 properties before I was married, own the house we live in and own the business.

we since have grown the business together and had purchased more joint properties but the initial risk was all mine.

If he leaves I will, ... get a toy boy....... I mean I will be screwed and need to pay him out for half of what was initially mine.

I think "most" men come out financially better after a divorce.

I have been biting my lip all afternoon thinking about these comments.Most of you will know i have been married 4 TIMES,yes 4.Didnt read correctly FOUR TIMES.If you stand by your above comment,i will challenge it as BS.

I have been biting my lip all afternoon thinking about these comments.Most of you will know i have been married 4 TIMES,yes 4.Didnt read correctly FOUR TIMES.If you stand by your above comment,i will challenge it as BS.

Call it BS if you want, but the independent research supports it.

There's a reason why the family law rules on property exist, and looking at the research, there's probably reason for it to swing further in favour of the non-financial contributor to the relationship.

Whens number 5? ;)

With four marriages, you are hardly "most men" though.

I just hate unfairness, regardless of gender.

Call it BS if you want, but the independent research supports it.

There's a reason why the family law rules on property exist, and looking at the research, there's probably reason for it to swing further in favour of the non-financial contributor to the relationship.

I know a few women who are now living below the poverty line after their divorces. They are left with the children, get no support or child maintenance, and have to be both mother and father to their children. These are women who have worked all their lives.

I really don't like the fact that any time a man has an issue such as this it turns into a 'All women are like that'.

Obba, if the woman had ' lived at home with her parents, never paid any rent (spent her money on hotels/traveling/new cars, jewellery, etc', didn't you get an inkling of what was to come? In any event, if you pay the $7500 you are getting off lightly. Pay it and be done with it.

That is incorrect. A very good divorce lawyer once told me--after I said that women would probably get legal advice before men during a divorce--that no, in his experience it was almost always the men who go to the divorce lawyer first to find out how to protect what they see as 'their' assets and start planning a long time before the woman has any idea. He had been practising family law for more than 35 years, so he knew.

A couple of months ago I made a post about a good lawyer. I can't count how many Somersoft men have contacted me wanting that lawyer's name. I won't name names. Not one woman has ever contacted me wanting his details.

Back