PC Problem

Hi,

I have been wrestling with this for a few weeks.

I am using a well maintained P4 running XP SP3 and all was going well then about a month ago my PC started taking longer to connect to the initial website after my browser has opened my blank homepage.

If I open IE and click on a link it will always take 45 secs to open the first website, after that it works fine, I can click on any link and it will open immediately.

If I open Firefox it will always take 90 secs to open the first website, after that it works fine.

I have been scouring the net trying to find someone else with this problem and how they solved it. I have read that sometimes MS .Net framework and XP will clash and cause this problem, others had a similar problem after MS updates kept repeating the same update.

I am not aware of any MS .Net problems ( I never use it AFAIK) but I did have a problem with 2 MS updates repeatedly wanting to install. It took about 4 downloads before my PC was happy and that was about the time this problem started.

So, If I delete MS.Net 3.5 would it effect me, if it did could I get it back from MS updates ? Thought it would be another possible cause checked off.

I have run various clean up programs and my PC works as well as usual, just this very annoying 45 - 90 sec delay on initial connection to net.

Outlook Express still connects OK, only the net that is slow

My ISP has made various generic suggestions but it seems my problem is not common

Thoughts please :)

Sounds like the primary dns server your computer is configured to use is not responding, or you have a dodgy proxy set

Thanks for your suggestion, eventually my ISP was able to track it down and resolve my problem.

Back to normal now :)

Back