People can surprise when you least expect it......

I have a long term tenant who is far from the perfect tenant. PM is always chasing them for rental payments, have had numerous eviction notices due to late rental payments and the presentation of the property has been far from satisfactory. I had them on month by month lease so that when it suited my plans I could move them along.

Inspection day and we had painter and other repair people lined up to bring the place back up to scratch. We had decided to let people view but tell them place would be tidied up.

To the PM's surprise the exiting tenant had totally cleaned the place up including painting some walls! Two applications in almost instantly! I would never have picked this outcome:).

Last edited:
Similar thing happened to us a year or two ago.

IP a pigsty, junk everywhere, car bodies and tyres all over yard etc. Refused to renew lease and were prepared for trouble when they reluctantly left.

Much to our amazement they left the property neat and tidy, and removed all rubbish.
Marg

fantastic Anna! Thanks for sharing.

sounds like they were leaving on their own terms! great to hear they were so cooperative!

There are many, many great tenant stories, people just choose to focus on the negative.

Possibly wanting to get out on a postive note so they're not black listed. Still, happy end result for you albeit perhaps not the tenants primary reason for departing on a happy note.

They have actually bought their own place so reference was not an issue. I am tempted to thank them just so I can hear what they have to say...

Back