Peoples thoughts on Adelaide?

Anyone recon Whyalla has anything going for it?

Whyalla will have its day, not sure

Now would be a good time to buy I reckon , only issue is soft rental market thanks to a ridiculous amount of new housing built the last few years

Contrary to popular belief there are plenty of jobs in and around whyalla and they pay well

Would stick to whyalla town

No one take this from me ;) ... But if any agents here live around Gawler can you check this one out? http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-sa-gawler+west-119517615. There is an inspection tonight at 5 but I can't make it and this will only last 1-2 days and should get an unconditional contract (going by similar ones in the area). Just need to know about condition and if any problems. If I end up buying and your feedback legit, I'll give some dosch. Serious offering.

Make an appointment for tomorrow, advise the agent your serious etc etc but I wouldn't post on here IMO
He won't do another opening time and will get offers tonight where one will be accepted tomorrow. I know how this guy works. It's worth trying or even still someone here getting it in replace.

Anon - would they both rent out about 220-240 each ?

Can you sign a contract subject to you viewing the properties ? eg. 48 hrs to view as u still need b&p also

The value of investor loans written in South Australia in February 2015 remains lower than in February 2008 - a kind of irritating "7 year itch" for Adelaide property investors, the mendicant economy sucking the enthusiasm out of the air.

http://petewargent.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/sydney-investor-loans-continue-to-power.html

LF10.jpg

If I was looking for a glass half full the seasonal Feb loan figure has trended higher for several years since 2011, higher lows and higher highs Hobo?
Or maybe not

As contrarian I honestly excited about that Hobo, that's one indicator adelaide in 6'o clock. Come on bad news, keep it coming as I haven't finish shopping
I reckon it's more like a mini 12 o'clock, with a 6 o'clock coming around 2016/2017, that said I don't expect prices to decline too far...

http://www.bullionbaron.com/2015/04/australian-property-market-secular.html

Adelaide is still playing out as expected with muted price growth given the underwhelming economic conditions ('What's next for Adelaide property prices?'). Despite the recent growth prices in Adelaide (at a capital city level) are only around the same as the last cyclical peak in 2010 and in some suburbs I am watching are similar to those seen in 2008/2009.

Adelaide%2B-%2BAAGR.png

I expect growth to rollover to the downside (lower level or negative growth) as reality bites with the closure of the Holden factory, some major infrastructure projects come to an end (such as the new Royal Adelaide Hospital) and with a lack of good economic news in the pipeline. However, I think the next couple of years may provide a buying opportunity in Adelaide, the ability to lock in lower interest rates, with yields at a more reasonable level than the eastern states and prices which will potentially be little higher than they were 6-7 years prior, it's likely to be enough to coax me back into the property market (for the first time since the peak in 2010 when I sold).

If I was looking for a glass half full the seasonal Feb loan figure has trended higher for several years since 2011, higher lows and higher highs Hobo?
Or maybe not

It has done over the last couple of years, but looking at Pete Wargent's rolling chart it might be putting in another peak...

So does that mean you are considering buying late next year or 2017?
I won't rule out buying this year if the right property comes along (read: an RE agent accepts my low ball offers :p), but yes I think 2016/2017 might be a good buying opportunity for Adelaide.

I won't rule out buying this year if the right property comes along (read: an RE agent accepts my low ball offers :p), but yes I think 2016/2017 might be a good buying opportunity for Adelaide.

Can you ring the bell before the start of the bull market then? I'd like to get a couple more there first

Well I'll give it a crack ;) I hope to have a few under the belt myself, but think I've got a couple of years up my sleeve, no hurry.

I wouldn't buy a property that far out, but what do you think it would yield out of interest?

Why not? Don't tell me you are a sucker for the old furphy of "buying within 10km of the cbd".

Year after year the cbd becomes less and less relevant in major cities. Adelaide is no different. Eventually the government will be forced to act on Elizabeth, there is already plenty of investment going on connecting the northern suburbs with major infrastructure.

It's also proven that there are better returns to be made in outer ring suburbs than inner ring suburbs and in my view you are less exposed during a down turn.

Why not? Don't tell me you are a sucker for the old furphy of "buying within 10km of the cbd".

Doesn't need to be within 10kms (I'd prefer under 20km), but I think buying within reasonable commute time of the CBD opens up employment options for a tenant, which could be important if unemployment continues to climb in SA. There are also better amenities, better pools, beaches, parks, shopping centres with a higher concentration of people. If I was to buy 20km+ out it would be more likely to the south which in my opinion is a more attractive side of the city to be living on (than the north).

Back