Peoples thoughts on Adelaide?

I'm hoping this forum is still active.. Shame it's being closed down just as I've joined..

If I buy a house through the AH program, will the bank ever value the place higher than the price I pay? I was just thinking maybe I'd have a larger deposit /lower LVR than expected. Thanks all.

Yes straight away, that's entirely the point

I'm hoping this forum is still active.. Shame it's being closed down just as I've joined..

If I buy a house through the AH program, will the bank ever value the place higher than the price I pay? I was just thinking maybe I'd have a larger deposit /lower LVR than expected. Thanks all.

Lenders take the lower of the valuation or the purchase price so you can't pull that off unfortunately - it does mean that after a few months you can draw out any equity gain however which may get you onto the path of buying your second property (a common strategy a lot of my younger clients are doing).

It's also extremely rare for a valuer to value above purchase price, as they hold the liability of justifying the above market price.

Back