Perhaps another IR Drop

No the RBA is not intervening in the markets at this stage. It's an expensive exercise.

It's only jawboning / using interest rate levers / signals to "manipulate" the currency.

and it's all a poofteenth of a fly's fart - because simply the MENTION of the US raising rates sent our stock market into a tailspin.

sportsbet currently paying $2.30 for a 0.25 drop in april...i put 50 on a few weeks ago at 2.50...

win win or lose lose :/

$1.57 to stay the same

Hard to go wrong if the odds for a May cut (assuming April doesn't come through) are similar. I put some winnings from my bet on the Feb decision on at $2.5 as well.

overnight sporstbet odds went from 2.20 to drop 0.25 / 1.80 odd stay the same to 1.87 both ways :cool:

I've kept an eye on that too. There was a day where it flew up to $3.00, then quickly back to $2.50 or $2.30. It's at $1.72 at time of writing.

I have $200 on interest rates to remain unchanged @ $2.15.

I just don't think there has been as much time for the RBA to assess the impact of the last change and with the prospect of a US interest rate rise I think the RBA will be waiting and seeing.

I have $200 on interest rates to remain unchanged @ $2.15.

I just don't think there has been as much time for the RBA to assess the impact of the last change and with the prospect of a US interest rate rise I think the RBA will be waiting and seeing.

RBA's rate tracker (yesterday) states that there is 75% chance of an interest rate cut next Tuesday. Australian $ dropped overnight in anticipation.

My prediction? Likely this Tuesday but if it doesn't happen 100% sure it will in May.

RBA's rate tracker (yesterday) states that there is 75% chance of an interest rate cut next Tuesday. Australian $ dropped overnight in anticipation.

My prediction? Likely this Tuesday but if it doesn't happen 100% sure it will in May.

I would be surprised if they don't drop .25 next week.

I don't think the last few drops have kicked the economy along as well as what they hoped for. The 'wait and see' approach is now a bit old.
I dare say that will be it for a few months though. I don't see them moving the rates again until next year (be it up or down) unless there is some kind of significant event/change.

Blacky

Hard to go wrong if the odds for a May cut (assuming April doesn't come through) are similar. I put some winnings from my bet on the Feb decision on at $2.5 as well.

I've kept an eye on that too. There was a day where it flew up to $3.00, then quickly back to $2.50 or $2.30. It's at $1.72 at time of writing.

pretty big swing in 24 hours! now at..
Decrease by 0.01% to 0.25% $1.52
Stay the same $2.40

Job vacancies released today weren't bad so i think this will change those ods as in more probability there will be no change in rates

The way it's looking to me ,they will stay the same,iorn ore would be on the base cost line now,oil gold and trending upwards plus several others factors will now come into play with lower government revenue streams,
maybe they will just stay the same..imho..

Back