Personal Banker!!

Ive had a few different ones over the years and some have been great. The current one is on leave and the big downer is that no one else will go near you to help as you need to go directly to them.
Im currenlty considering moving all my business to BOM so theyd better start moving!

Hi VYBerlinaV8,

That's all very interesting! I'm wondering if we should ask Betty to remove herself as our Personal Banker as I don't want to rely on her to sign off on every move we make! We certainly didn't request this service!

How do I go about getting rid of this Personal Banker?

Regards Jason.

Hi Jingo,

On both occasions I had a phone call from the bank to 'invite me' into their personal banking program. On both occasions I told the person inviting me that I didn't feel the bank had provided good enough service for me to consider engaging with the bank on that level. This surprised the person doing the inviting and they didn't really know what to say. So I simply said that because the bank had, on occasion, delivered a service that I didn't feel was good enough that I would continue to run my affairs using several banks. But thanks for the offer, and have a great day.

They don't call me much any more, which suits me perfectly. :D

My experience with Premium/Private Bankers has been very ordinary.

They are not credit people...and they usually get things incorrect. I have removed from myself from the Private Bank as it is just w@nkfest.

I am much happier dealing with people who understand credit.

Sash, I have picked up a number of clients that were on premium, for the exact same reasons you stated

Yes mine was 'Kerrie' from WBC and she introduced herself as the "Relationship Banker" at the local branch and advised me via email that she would be my "Premium Personal Banker".

I quickly sent her a "don't call me I'll call you" email and she pleasantly replied OK.

Will be happy to seek her out in the future if required but I don't require any ongoing SELL from WBC.

I had a "Relationship Manager" who was focused on me! She will help me improve access to finance and banking services. I got a free coffee at the intro meeting.

Two questions:
1. Can I have 90% LVR without LMI? (would have been happy with 85%LVR)
2. Can you give me a better discount than the average 0.7% of retail?

No & no (when said bank for advertising 1% off for new business).

We didn't really progress the relationship after than.

Westpac allocated us a personal banker many years ago...

He rocked up to our place in a nice shinny blue WRX Turbo sporting a brief case, nice suit, tie & leather shoes.

After passing the pleasantries he also informed us he was on the top tier discount of 70bps.

When I told him I was on 100bps he told us he wasnt even aware that rate existed.

After learning that we gave him the flick :eek:

Has anyone else inadvertently picked up a Personal Banker? If anyone can shed some light into why Betty dug her nose into our accounts, I'd be interested. I'd also love to hear your stories!!

NAB gave me one when I lived in central Melbourne. She was generally good and left me alone until I needed something. Then I moved to a country town not too far outside the city. The "Personal Banker" became the local branch manager. He was OK, though a little inefficient (and totally powerless)

However, when I sold up and left the town he managed to lose ~ $1.3M proceeds from a property sale for a week! It eventually "turned up" in the branch holding account. Meanwhile I and the wife were having seizures.

Eventually he left and I moved to Queensland. A new "Personal Banker" turned up, located in the same country town I now lived 2000 KM away from. She would ring me monthly out of the blue for no reason, with nothing to offer, even though I'd never met her. I ignored her and eventually she stopped.

I now have a "Banking Adviser" who's good for loans.

Back