Personal Loan or Credit Card Enquiry

Hi guys,

Just wanted to see whether anyone could help my Auntie out (either directly if I refer her to you, or indirectly by providing some guidance on where she should apply herself).

Here's the situation:
* Single mother in her 40's with 2 dependent children.

* Started a new full-time job on $75k two weeks ago (in the same industry/sector as she had been working in for years - albeit part-time).
> Her new job apparently has no probation period.

* Wants to purchase $7,000 flights for a family reunion in July in the UK ASAP (before the prices rise substantially) but doesn't have the cash at the moment.

* She therefore wants to know if any lender will provide her a personal loan and/or credit card for a few months (she can pay back $500 per week until fully repaid) to buy the flights now.

* Has a clear credit history (no defaults).

>>> Anyone able to help in any way? I think she would really appreciate any guidance at all at this stage.

Thanks in advance.

Every bank and financial institution has a online process for application. Important to determine a card that suits her proposed use

- Link to airline scheme for proposed trip ?
etc etc

Many sites allow you to compare fees, rates, benefits etc. eg http://www.infochoice.com.au/banking/credit-card/comparison/
and you can also compare unsecured personal loans.

A low rate card will have higher mthly fees and an annual fee (maybe). But may suit her proposed repayments. She would want to steer clear of the 21-24% types like GE etc. Remember what she wants to pay will be far higher than the min repayt.

Lender will seek proof of income (2 payslips), employer contact etc...Unlike IP loans card applications are simple and unfortunately they will offer a stupid limit like $25K that you don't need/want.

Thanks, but I think she is more concerned about getting approval for at least $7,000 with anyone at the moment and is far less concerned about annual fee, rewards programs, interest rate etc.

Since she only just started her new job, I was under the impression it would be difficult to get approval due to this factor alone (even though she has no probation period).

Anyone know off the cuff whether personal loan criteria or credit card criteria tend to be more lenient with recently taking a new full time job (in the same industry, with no probation)? Also, which lender(s) tends to be most lenient with this criteria?

Back