Personal Project: Bayswater WA mini-apartments

Quick Update:

Finance has been approved with a fairly quick turn around of 10 days. I've been advised to stick with a lender who will do residential construction for up to 4 units. Stayed away from costly commercial lending and dont need any pre sales.

Is that Bankwest? I've been told by my broker they are the only ones doing resi loans for 4 unit developments.

2x1 or 2x2 apartments around UWA would fetch very good rental return. Provided you have the money to do so of course! :p

How do you figure that? Existing 2x1 or 2x2 properties in the vicinity of UWA have a pretty lousy return unless you consider sub 5% a good return?

sub 5% is definitely not a good return, might as well put it in the bank! I haven't done much research into that area so maybe you could correct me. But I figured that $500/wk for 10 apartments assuming that your cost was $3.5m? Rental would preferably to uni staff and 2nd to students.

Hi Kent
I just realised that the block has a 5 mtre drop from front to back, did not see the figures in the feaso or perhaps you have included it somewhere?
My Spearwood had 1.5-2 mtre drop from front to back, very costly, just curious on costings of this, that is a big drop.

All the best, I like Bayswater very much:)

Cheers
MTR:)

Back