Perth, 1 or 2 bedroom units?

Afternoon all, long time reader first time poster.

Anyway we are looking at our next investment and are pretty keen on getting a unit around Perth CBD or within 5 to 8 kms of it. Obviously being from Sydney with little time we will be using a buyers agent, probably momentum wealth agents.

Just after some opinions from locals or people in the know about Perth.

We are looking for good capital growth in short to medium with a decent yield. Under 400k

+ Nice 1bedroom close to Perth CBD or 2 bedroom a bit further out?
+ Furnished / unfurnished?
+ Good growth suburbs and nice places to live.
+ Any other info

Thanks for any info, have been very informative over the years.

Afternoon all, long time reader first time poster.

Anyway we are looking at our next investment and are pretty keen on getting a unit around Perth CBD or within 5 to 8 kms of it. Obviously being from Sydney with little time we will be using a buyers agent, probably momentum wealth agents.

Just after some opinions from locals or people in the know about Perth.

We are looking for good capital growth in short to medium with a decent yield. Under 400k

+ Nice 1bedroom close to Perth CBD or 2 bedroom a bit further out?
+ Furnished / unfurnished?
+ Good growth suburbs and nice places to live.
+ Any other info

Thanks for any info, have been very informative over the years.

what are you chasing? yields are crazy at the moment for furnished properties in CBD or fringe but surely not sustainable at these levels.

Know several investors with 2 bedders that seem to be doing well. Also quite a few people looking at Como area (though haven't looked into it). Yields great, especially if bought slightly older with a subsequent cosmetic reno.

I'd be looking at East Perth. With Riverside and the new stadium, complete with footbridge from Claisebrook to Burswood, the area is set for good growth.

How much does the buyers agent generally cost?

Is it worth hiring BA? I have been thinking about this lately to be sure about property and suburb.

Is NSW the only state where you need to have completed certain courses/experience to become a buyers agent? I was doing a bit of research and noticed the RTO's offering the courses were based in NSW. I didn't appear that you actually had to be qualified outside of NSW.

Is NSW the only state where you need to have completed certain courses/experience to become a buyers agent?

I know you have to be registered under a license in WA - I wanted to do some freelance BA work in Perth but can't because of the requirement unfortunately.

Even as a practicing solicitor - which sucks really.

How much does the buyers agent generally cost?

Is it worth hiring BA? I have been thinking about this lately to be sure about property and suburb.

Use a BA if you can not do it yourself.

I have used a BA for one property in Melb and then started doing it myself for Melb, Syd and Brisbane, its not rocket science but depends on your situation. I have the time and now the confidence to do it myself.

It may cost anywhere from $5000 - 10,000 depends on the extent of the service. However, you will be foolish not to validate the info you are given regardless, which basically means you are doing all the work, hence why I do it myself.

You have been given lots of info on this forum, go back to basics on what you require and keep it simple. I mentioned before if you focus on too many areas you will get confused. Identify a couple of areas that fit your criteria and then work it.

Cheers, MTR

I know you have to be registered under a license in WA - I wanted to do some freelance BA work in Perth but can't because of the requirement unfortunately.

Even as a practicing solicitor - which sucks really.

Diff Skill set ?

I guess a BA cant become a member of the law society ?

ta
rolf

Thanks MTR! Sorry for changing topic slightly!!

I guess it depends a lot on what your price range is? Here is the sales prices of two 2 bed units!

97/96 Guildford Rd $168,000 2 Auction 28/07/12
1/76 Guildford Rd $472,500 2 Normal Sale 13/07/12

Ref: Local Sales from this link (and it looks like the 2 bed unit may have sold for less than this 1 bedroom also?)

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-wa-mount+lawley-109371206

This one bedder with courtyard sold for $272,000 according to above link also

http://www.realestateview.com.au/Re...Property-Details-buy-residential-4230655.html

Last edited:
Hi Invstor
Always enjoy your posts.

Those units are opposite Hyde Park I would not touch them, there are always a couple on the market at any given time, they are not good buying.

I know many will buy cos they are cheap there is a reason for this, too many in the block. However, there is a great block of units, relatively small complex on Raglan Street, Raglan Gardens, 1 bedders, these are fully contained and rent incredibly well when one of these hits the market sold within a day or so.

Cheers MTR

Back