Perth - 3 unit/villa development

hi MTR

any updates on the completion of your villas yet?

Would also be interested what you've organise for the common areas i.e. strata mgt such as future maintenance of the driveway etc etc

happy shots

Here are the latest photos

Attachments

• elevation1.jpg
    elevation1.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 337
  • livingarea.jpg
    livingarea.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 340
  • livingroom.jpg
    livingroom.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 281
  • spearwoodentrance.jpg
    spearwoodentrance.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 296
hi MTR

any updates on the completion of your villas yet?

Would also be interested what you've organise for the common areas i.e. strata mgt such as future maintenance of the driveway etc etc

Handover about 10 days ago.
One offer on the table. Wont go into any figures/details at this point in time, however, pretty much on track with all my initial pricing, other than builder took around 9 months 1 week from pouring of concrete, so he took longer than expected.

Very happy in general with the final product, considering I had a sloping block 1.5-2.5 metres away from the road, amazing what a good elevation can do.

My builder has been organizing the strata side of things it was in the contract, this is apparently not the norm, and have been told it costs around $4000.

Not sure on paper work, all I know is that the various trades have to sign off on completed work?? and finally the building surveyor signs off at the end and then goes to Landgate to issue titles, perhaps takes around 4-8 weeks.

Should have this sorted very shortly, perhaps others can provide more info on this.

MTR:)

Thanks
Funny enough, this is the only variation to my project, additional cost of $880 for 3 solid wood doors, as opposed to the stock standard doors which are painted. (not solid wood)

Certificate of occupancy?
Yes about 2 months for titles

Handover about 10 days ago.
One offer on the table. Wont go into any figures/details at this point in time, however, pretty much on track with all my initial pricing, other than builder took around 9 months 1 week from pouring of concrete, so he took longer than expected.

Very happy in general with the final product, considering I had a sloping block 1.5-2.5 metres away from the road, amazing what a good elevation can do.

My builder has been organizing the strata side of things it was in the contract, this is apparently not the norm, and have been told it costs around $4000.

Not sure on paper work, all I know is that the various trades have to sign off on completed work?? and finally the building surveyor signs off at the end and then goes to Landgate to issue titles, perhaps takes around 4-8 weeks.

Should have this sorted very shortly, perhaps others can provide more info on this.

MTR:)

Thanks, 2 months, nothing happens in a hurry.

Yup don't expect this in a hurry so make sure all offers are settlement 21 days from titles being issued.

Builder will apply to council for BA18 (I think this is the one I'm on phone) sign off. Council will inspect and then sign off. Strata survey will be done and lodged for titles to be released. Hopefully your bank will allow lot sync and settlement, surveyor and landgate can deal at same time for release of original title and creation of new titles.

2 months if all goes well and everyone is on ball. I think mine took 3.

Superb ! I really like the decor and staging, someone knows what they are doing :)

$2000 for staging

Cheap, because the owner of the business who is an interior designer and her g/friend basically hire a truck and unload it all. No they are not built like Arnold Schwarzenegger either:eek:

Last edited:
Looks great! Out of curiosity, is the front property the one that you have an offer on?

No, the middle villa. (2)
Professional working at the hospital and he just loved villa 2 due to the size of the kitchen and layout.
All my villas have very good frontages, not just a door which adds a nice feel.

MTR

Yup don't expect this in a hurry so make sure all offers are settlement 21 days from titles being issued.

Builder will apply to council for BA18 (I think this is the one I'm on phone) sign off. Council will inspect and then sign off. Strata survey will be done and lodged for titles to be released. Hopefully your bank will allow lot sync and settlement, surveyor and landgate can deal at same time for release of original title and creation of new titles.

2 months if all goes well and everyone is on ball. I think mine took 3.

OMG, Dont you hate this red tape

Superb ! I really like the decor and staging, someone knows what they are doing :)

Its a work in progress, I have learnt so much from this so hopefully I can continue to tweak things and just improve it for my next project

No, the middle villa. (2)
Professional working at the hospital and he just loved villa 2 due to the size of the kitchen and layout.
All my villas have very good frontages, not just a door which adds a nice feel.

MTR

Interesting. So quick! You must be thrilled.

$2000 for staging

Cheap, because the owner of the business who is an interior designer and her g/friend basically hire a truck and unload it all. No they are not built like Arnold Schwarzenegger either:eek:

They did a great job, which company was this?

Congrats on the end result btw, villas look great

They did a great job, which company was this?

Congrats on the end result btw, villas look great

Thanks
Exclusive homes wa
Quality builder however project management was non existent, so lots of stress and continually pushing to get it completed, unless you have plenty of hours to spare I would re consider this builder.

Mtr

Interesting. So quick! You must be thrilled.

Happy it's over, I think I have given birth. Hehe, silly thing is I could have sold the block and made money, shorter time frame and profit margin close rather than build. Made a decision to build to gain knowledge/experience, no regrets:)

Back