Perth - 3 unit/villa development

MTR

Awesome pics from the staging, fantastic result.

Would you post some photos of the ensuite and bathroom when you have a moment.

No shots of the bathrooms with feature walls, damn it, this is the ensuite, but the feature wall is charcoal and silver, high gloss charcoal/porcelain floors, all bathrooms have stone bench tops. Unfortunately this is all I have at the moment.

Will take some photos of the main/ensuites when down there next.
Here is the master bedroom as well for villa 1.

Attachments

• bathroomensuite.jpg
    bathroomensuite.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 240
  • bedroom1a.jpg
    bedroom1a.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 232
Thanks.
The weird thing is the Perth market has changed from when I started building these villas. I have higher spec for this area/suburb I believe this is what has helped achieve quick sales.

In future with my next project in Perth (Willagee) I am going to continue using this template for specs, however I will not use the same draftee or builder.

MTR:)

What would you say the return on investment would be with staging? I can imagine it secures a lot of people's minds knowing how a room is furnished.

Glad everything is coming together for you. Always a worry when a market changes at macro level, but then, that's what understanding your market is all about - so well done!

I think it would be pretty high Aaron (sorry, being pretty vague here). The idea is to sell a vision of how people can live in the property you are selling, not just the house. I think staging works on that level.

What would you say the return on investment would be with staging? I can imagine it secures a lot of people's minds knowing how a room is furnished.

Glad everything is coming together for you. Always a worry when a market changes at macro level, but then, that's what understanding your market is all about - so well done!

Hard to quantify how much staging earns but I think it helps sell quicker and achieve a higher price, so probably at least 1:1 in my mind.

Glad everything is coming together for you. Always a worry when a market changes at macro level, but then, that's what understanding your market is all about - so well done![/QUOTE

Thanks
What WM said, it would be near impossible to quantify, however I do believe it helped get a quicker sale which equates to as much as $4500 pm.

Visually has that wow factor, 2 sales in 3 weeks is pretty good in this market. I am also expecting an offer on villa 1 shortly, fingers crossed.

Also I mentioned to the interior designer who staged my property that we should place a double beds in the master bedroom, she said this is a no no, as buyers ask, they know about these tricks. Buyers can see that size of bedrooms with q/beds, s/beds and bedroom sizes look great. Furnishing as a marketing tool has powerful impact, well worth spending the money IMO.

Cheers

I think the smaller the place the more important it is to stage. Small just seems smaller empty. If they can see how functional and spacious it feels staged they are likely to visualise themselves there.

Of course once normal people move in with all their crap it will probably seem small again :)

I think the smaller the place the more important it is to stage. Small just seems smaller empty. If they can see how functional and spacious it feels staged they are likely to visualise themselves there.

Of course once normal people move in with all their crap it will probably seem small again :)

Absolutely

Another side issue that is interesting, City of Cockburn did not send someone out to sign off on the build, apparently some Councils do not do this anymore. As long as your Building Surveyor signs off all good to go and they just process the forms.

Perhaps Councils don't have the resources, though I must admit City of Cockburn a very good Council when it comes to developing. My RE agent advised me not to touch anything that comes under City of Fremantle they are an absolute nightmare.

Villas are all sold now, prices are higher to those quoted in my original post,, though the market has fallen back and it took around 6 weeks. Holding costs was more due to the builder taking 2 months longer than estimated timeframe.

Now just waiting on titles to settle on these.

Once paperwork goes to Landgate apparently it should take 2 weeks to issue the titles.

Back