Perth: asbestos roof removal and new roof

Hi all,

This is my first post and I reckon I have lot more questions to ask and learn.

I would like to know how much it will cost to remove an asbestos roof (say a 120 or 150 square meter house) and put a colourbond roof in Perth.

Singo.

Found this thread which may help you in estimates for removal of the asbestos roof.

Link

There may be others if you search old threads. Could search if there are any threads on the cost of a new roof which will then give you a ballpark figure on your total cost

Joel

Hi all,

I would like to know how much it will cost to remove an asbestos roof (say a 120 or 150 square meter house) and put a colourbond roof in Perth.

Singo.

It's been a while since I last talked price with my roofie friend, but i'd budget about $20-25k for a new colorbond roof of this size. it will depend on a few factors like roof pitch, complexity (ie, how many valleys and ridges, how many vents etc) access, insulation, and whether you need/want new gutters and downpipes.

Most colorbond roofers can provide a quote for the removal of asbestos as well.

(I can provide contact details for a couple of decent roofers if you want. PM me)

Thanks Joel and Jake_D.

I have panicked and missed a house because it had asbestos roof. So needed a rough estimate to replace such roof to factor in the costs when deciding on any future offer amounts. I know that just because it is asbestos, it doesn't need a change. Just wanted to be prepared for worst case scenario.

My rough estimate is that it will cost around 40-50K. Correct me if I am way away from a realistic figure.

Thanks again

I came across this company which provides pricing online which you can use as a guesstimate. I've never used them or read anything about them so use at your own risk. Just found it useful that they have prices listed.

http://www.demolitionperth.net.au/asbestos-removal/

I would give a couple of companies a call for a quick verbal quote maybe if you find another potential property. You could use googlemaps to get a rough area of the roof size.

Joel

Hi all,

Singo.

Get a quote from Air Roofing, they were excellent, they came in at $10,000 cheaper than any other company/quote to remove asbestos and replace with colourbond roof, we paid around $19,800 similar perhaps 180sqm house, and part of this is 2 storey, its a beach shack, so more expense involved, ie hiring equip. I highly recommend this group. I think they only took 3 days.

Back