Perth bottom end

I would say "spend" not "waste". To you it may seem a waste. Many people who spend every cent they earn probably think investors are wasting their money instead of enjoying it.

Get out of your ivory tower. :)

It's called balance. My partner and I both earn an average wage, are both under 30 and own 2 properties. We're currently planning an overseas holiday.

We spend and we invest.

Many people who spend every cent to enjoy themselves should probably stop complaining when they can't afford to pay their mortgage.

Hi BC
I am not sure why you think "grandios notion"? It worked for Westminster/Balga. I can see the same happening in Girrawheen/Koondoola.
Comes under City of Wanneroo, I initially thought it was under Stirling, but there you go.

Area that will be rezoned will be various pockets within 400 mtre from commerical/shopping precinct.

Cheers, MTR

nah - just delusions of grandeur. I thought it was CofJ, but Waneroo makes sense.

R60 is a stupid high density for an area not serviced by an arterial transit network - STUPID HIGH. you can't put Perth-style 3x2DG single storeys on 160sqm of exclusive land and no-one in their right mind would put something to market over median in that area.

R40 - sure, i can entertain that, it's proof - as you mentioned - is a success in Westminster / Balga / Nollamara.

It's called balance. My partner and I both earn an average wage, are both under 30 and own 2 properties. We're currently planning an overseas holiday.

We spend and we invest.

Many people who spend every cent to enjoy themselves should probably stop complaining when they can't afford to pay their mortgage.

I would say every person that fits that description. But how many are there other than the dubious examples that today tonight recycle every interest rate rise?

Do you have a link to a map/article of which pockets of Koondoola (mostly the doola side im guessing? ;)) and Girrawheen are being rezoned, or is it simply all of it?

that is BEYOND dense - that's ridiculous.

i'mn all for urban infill but R60 is just too much for areas not served by major transport.

that's 160sqm exclusive plot of land (180sqm avg) with just 16sqm of useable private open space (courtyard).

it smells of ghetto. No doubt DHW will have their ear to the ground listening out for complete projects to buy whole - R60 lends to 2 bedders easily and DHW are not wanting to supply big houses for emergency housing anymore. make them adaptable and there's SERIOUS profit to be made here if you can secure one or two now before the zoning shows up on RPData.

yeh they insist on parkng to the rear, 2 storey with i think a pref for comm on the ground floor. the build cost would be huge.... dunno if i agree abotu the getto thing tho - apartments arent necessarily gettos

BC does DHA buy complexes of finished units? i think they do?

If you skip the first page on http://www.realestate.com.au/buy/pr...includeSurrounding=false&activeSort=price-asc as most of these are villas, duplexes etc, remaining houses are all about $380K.

Is $380k bottom end these days? I certainly wouldn't want to live in those areas personally, and although I'm not a first homebuyer myself it makes me very curious where first homebuyers buy these days.

In the nature of the 'bottom end' thread, most of the $250K bracket action seems to be stuff like http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-rockingham-106520311?activeSort=price-asc . It quite likely doesn't have as much upside as the areas about to be rezoned, though :(

Is $380k bottom end these days? I certainly wouldn't want to live in those areas personally, and although I'm not a first homebuyer myself it makes me very curious where first homebuyers buy these days.

A lot of FHB are buying in Ellenbrook. I know a few buying in Eden Hill too.

Hi dt,
I think 380K would be upper end for Koondoola/Girrawheen, low 300K is possible. However rental yields in Rockingham will be higher.

Why did you skip villas, townhouses and duplexes for bottom end FHB? Ideal properties for a FHB.

I'm not excluding them from my own investment criteria, just excluded them from the topic dealing with rezoning houses since they're um... houses. Hehe :D

Property i linked in the last post was a villa infact. I guess that's what the threads about, sussing out all the available options in the lower brackets.

I'm not excluding them from my own investment criteria, just excluded them from the topic dealing with rezoning houses since they're um... houses. Hehe :D

Property i linked in the last post was a villa infact. I guess that's what the threads about, sussing out all the available options in the lower brackets.

ahh ok gotcha. yah, that would be about right for the zoning aspect.

nothing wrong with a 2-bed unit for a single FHB though, that's for sure.

Back