Perth Bursting

I have been told by a transperth staffer that they physically can't have two trains on one section of track at once (ie, two trains between the same two stations) I reckon this will probably restrict the minimum time between trains to about 5 minutes.

This could be misinformation, though.

Or why not have ALL 6 car trains in peak hours rather than alternating 3 and 6 car trains.

They could also do with some catchy slogans at the stations too, "Are you near death with the flu...then don't get on the train you twit" or "Showers and baths are required daily and deodorant isnt an option its a must"

Perth planning seem to plan for current capacity and needs....so by the time its actually built its too small.

I have been told by a transperth staffer that they physically can't have two trains on one section of track at once (ie, two trains between the same two stations) I reckon this will probably restrict the minimum time between trains to about 5 minutes.

This could be misinformation, though.

Sounds correct for electric trains, current can only run one thing (train) on each segment (station).

However, if they drove (?) them faster, this would alleviate this, wouldnt it? They'd be able to run a train every 2-3 minutes like in Japan since it'd be past the next station by then.

One thing they need to fix up first is the size of the parking. Every station in perth has it's car parks full. I'd rather them at the train station then clogging up 'my' freeway, but they need to facilitate people using public transport.

Guys, any chance you can work remotely..via email etc..recommend leaving it all behind and move south

I wish.

This is 'possible' with my current position, but company would never allow it. They assume (correctly) I wouldn't get any work done at home :p

What's a Civil Drafty do Jake?

I have a rough idea, but it's pretty rough...

3D design & modelling, 2D drawings. Mostly earthworks, roads, drainage, sewer, water supply, some co-ordination of other services' locations. (I'm actually currently working in a structural group, doing 3D steel modelling, but I'm not a structural drafter and don't know what I'm doing. (Please don't tell my boss))

Theoretically can be done from anywhere with a computer, I was doing some after hours work from home for a small startup engineering company and just emailing drawings back and forth.

Most companies like to see you in a seat and for drafties, engineers & designers to be working "together" a lot more. Quite often sitting at a huge table with a handful of A1 prints scribbling all over them trying to make stuff fit.

Back