Perth - could be a good opportunity

My vote is an emotional buyer who ain't purchasing it for profit.

I wanted to buy on the river there when I didn't know Perth very well about 17 years ago. A neat little property on huge block was on the market for $250,000. I kept watching. No other properties came up for sale. A few years later one sold for around $350,000 and it feautured in API magazine. I thought, "wow, prices have really jumped". In hindsight it was cheap!

Call me crazy but if i had well over $2m to spend on my PPOR once construction etc is included bassendean/ashfield is probably not the place im going to do it

When this property was for sale there was better value on the other side of the river around Ascot IMO.

When this property was for sale there was better value on the other side of the river around Ascot IMO.

when this property was for sale there was better value in bloody nedlands where a 1000sqm, flat block of land could be bought a fair bit cheaper than what this sold for which of course needs a fair bit of earthworks

from memory a 1200sqm or so block sold late last year for only $1.25m, again, flat with an old house that is being retained and renovated. why anyone would buy in bloody ashfield for that money is truly astounding to me.

when this property was for sale there was better value in bloody nedlands where a 1000sqm, flat block of land could be bought a fair bit cheaper than what this sold for which of course needs a fair bit of earthworks

from memory a 1200sqm or so block sold late last year for only $1.25m, again, flat with an old house that is being retained and renovated. why anyone would buy in bloody ashfield for that money is truly astounding to me.

I hear you - when a relly sold a house in lathlain for $1.15m I echoed a similar sentiment. hence my many posts on the subject that you can buy prime western suburbs for similar money as some dubious ones across town

I was just thinking that too! I don't really look in the premium suburbs much but I'm sure there is other places I'd spend that sort of money on.

For that price you would think that all the lights were working, look at entry picture, all me picky..... but, one globe gone:rolleyes:

Good spotting, and the next couple of photos have two globes not working in the lounge also. I find those plastic storage shelves beside the desk really annoying. The picture would have looked so much better without them. I put table cloths and vases on top of my ugly stuff before I get professional photos done. :p

House gone, anyone know what the plans are for the site, 1 Ashfield Parade?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    934.8 KB · Views: 66
House gone, anyone know what the plans are for the site, 1 Ashfield Parade?

Its been at that same stage for over 6months now. They started earthworks and then just stoped. Maybe $$. Maybe they are still deciding on their dream home to build.

Its been at that same stage for over 6months now. They started earthworks and then just stoped. Maybe $$. Maybe they are still deciding on their dream home to build.

Thanks, tried googling to find planning application but haven't been able to find yet. Gary Blanch park at Ashfield is looking much better

Last edited:
Back