Perth for $400K?

Hahaha. We used to dream of living in St James when we got married, but alas couldn't afford it.

We ended up buying the other side of the highway in Queens Park. Now that is dodgy....although, when you keep stepping further out, it just gets worse and worse as you go down the line.

South Perth ---> Como ---> Kensington ---> St James ---> Bentley ---> Queens Park ---> Beckenham ---> Drossville etc

Kensingtons gone past Como IMO. Much nicer suburb with no subdivisions, big blocks and very minimal unit/villa/townhouse complexes.

The streetscape of Kenny closer to the Vic Pk end gets a little scruffy though, and there's not much there... Como has a little more of a buzz, but i reckon you have to stay the river side of Canning Hwy.

I see the prices in Kensington as being almost entirely led by the prices of the suburbs surrounding it... not a bad place to live but wouldnt set the world on fire as an investment methinks?

Am still liking Vic Pk/ East Vic Pk which no one has had opinions on yet :)

go north
value's better there
go north
where the road are clear
go north
where the skies are blue
go north
it's what you should do.

"where the roads are clear"? Maybe once you get there but not getting there.

It's a bit too white-bred for me up north. Too many flag wavers.

Am still liking Vic Pk/ East Vic Pk which no one has had opinions on yet :)

I looked in EVP for a while but found it too dear. That's why I ended up buying in St James. Similar style properties, a coupla kms further out but can be up to 100k cheaper.

EVP is dearer than Kensington? Huh?

Are we talking about the same East Vic Pk and the same Kensington?

yep. we had a near new dale alcock home in Kensington that we sold for $860k and I believe it is now worth about the same, probably $800k. my mate has a similar property but it is bigger and squarer, recent bank val $900k.

personally i wouldnt pay that much for either....would rather take my bucks west of the cbd

I'm glad i started this thread... its giving me more confidence in trusting my own judgement/ research.

Its great to seek the opinions of others but i guess there's no 'right' answer and at the end of the day you've only got yourself to answer for! :rolleyes:

follow Rixter's advice and you won't go wrong.

his advice resonates with many leading developers in this state - "follow the infrastructure"

My IP1 (listed below) will be on the market after April if you're interested. Its in Tuart Hill right behind the BP on Main St and 30 seconds from the park. 1 min to Hutton St onramps/offramps, straight down Karrinyup Rd to the beach etc. Got some reliable tenants in there at the moment paying 300pw, could probably get more but started renting it out at the bottom of the market last year.

Mods feel free to delete this if it is inappropriate.

Reluctant sale, need funds to cover holding costs for development of IP2 (place bought through Emma). Might be throwing some work your way regarding the plans mate, as I need something special.

Would be a perfect first IP. I'll try Caveat Emptor some time soon.

Just looking at Ellenbrook... hows does this fit in with the new(ish) 3x2 legoland house in a satelite community theory

I have a friend that lives there and its a loooooooooooooooong drive back to the city after visits... but i heard that the train line may get extended out here?

easy to rent?

... an abundance of suitable properties in my price range as well

(though maybe this isnt a good thing for Captial Growth, i.e. not much scarcity value?)

My IP1 (listed below) will be on the market after April if you're interested. Its in Tuart Hill right behind the BP on Main St and 30 seconds from the park. 1 min to Hutton St onramps/offramps, straight down Karrinyup Rd to the beach etc.

oh yeah i know the area!

There is a 1 bed unit in moldavia street that I might be interested in if i was looking to buy. Asking $200 - $220 and kitchen is renovated. not a bad location.

hmmmm just looked for it on re.com but it seems to have disappeared :confused:

Back