Perth houses are currently as affordable as they were in 2003 and 1996

Aaron - I actually agree with you from an investment POV - the premium of the western suburbs is likely to decrease as the density increases and it becomes more and more like anywhere else in terms of access to services as well. Other than proximity to the beach / city, the only thing left is not being at the mercy of the freeway but hopefully uber will reduce the number of cars on the road so even that will have less of an impact. I actually think the importance of PT will become less and less as uber becomes more popular.

that's a valid point - although UBER still requires someone to have the cash to use it in the first place....

that's a valid point - although UBER still requires someone to have the cash to use it in the first place....

If someone can't afford uber x they certainly can't afford the western suburbs...

I went from the city to Leighton beach last weekend for $26, would've been at least a $40 cab ride imo

So does public transport! At uber's prices, it's not far off the cost of PT, far more convenient for a place like Perth (door to door) and will continue to get cheaper IMO as more people get involved and it becomes mainstream.

It's actually a really good solution for people wanting to get to and from their train station - so it can link in well with PT.

Although I do have to wonder how it will be when half of the people getting off at Warwick train station in peak hour start looking for their uber driver at the same time! :rolleyes:

Why aren't your photos above linking in Shadow?

Perth-House-Prices.png

Back