Perth in December 2011: Rental Cars

Hello

My 20.5 yo son is on his NSW P2 car license. He is staying in Perth/Fremantle in November/December 2011 for the big sailing regatta for almost 4 weeks and I'm looking for car hire for him. Unfortunately Bayswater won't rent to under 21s.

Does anybody know a car hire place that is reasonably priced and will rent to P-platers? I'm thinking rent-a-wreck places since he doesn't need a new car. Use will be mostly between the caravan park and the yacht club, about 15 minutes drive.

Thanks

Most car rental companies won't rent to under 21s.

You may get lucky with rent a wreck etc, but it's unlikely.

If you do find something it will have a huge age excess.

Buy a car with 2 months rego on it (cheap laser, camira or something like that) and then sell it the scrap metal yard at the end.

Hi, Vaughan

This place might suit your needs if you need to purchase a cheapie : http://docksideauto.com/

It's in South Fremantle, not far from the caravan park on Cockburn Road (I'm presuming that's where your son is staying).

Freo is filling up fast with sailors who might have similar ideas :eek:.

cheers

Thanks Otter. We booked the accom last year. Near the big sign at Cockburn... some wag joined the "r" and "n" together, might still be like that. :D

It's a big event -- the selection regatta for 85% of countries for the London Olympics next year. Much bigger than the Americas Cup... more boats (though they are smaller) and more competitors. A rehearsal regatta was run this time last year for it.

Thanks Otter. We booked the accom last year. Near the big sign at Cockburn... some wag joined the "r" and "n" together, might still be like that. :D

It's a big event -- the selection regatta for 85% of countries for the London Olympics next year. Much bigger than the Americas Cup... more boats (though they are smaller) and more competitors. A rehearsal regatta was run this time last year for it.

Noticed the sign :D.

Yes, it's a huge event - and I'm very fortunate to have attracted 2 of the teams to a couple of my houses in Freo :).

cheers

Bit of a segue into holiday lets here, Dazz - proving to be quite a hit.

Now if only the doctor who has been in one of the other Freo properties for 4 years would leave, I'd have another holiday let! He'll continue to get his regular rent increases, and maybe one of these years he'll take the hint.:p

cheers

Back