Perth Investors Group

I bought a property over in Bris last year. Since then, prices have sky-rocketed and Perth is looking like good value to me again. All the media hype about rental shortages is true too. I'm finding people that I barely know are asking me if I have a tenant leave can they let me know as someone they know is looking for a place, relative visiting from overseas, knocking down house and rebuilding. My IP's are within 10k's of city so I'm not sure about the rest of Perth. How's the rest of WA going with vacancy rates? Would anyone like to share their experiences? Linda

i know my villas in mandurah i use to struggle to rent at $230 a week. i spoke to a local agent who said they now have waiting lists and can easily fetch $275/wk... they have no stock at all available. Will be sending out some Dear Tenant letters in the next few days.

Perth March Meeting

Reminder

Venue: Onedex Training Centre, 44 Goodwood Parade, Burswood

Date: 26th March 2008

Time: 6:30pm onwards for a 7:00pm start (note change of time!)

Cost: Parking is FREE but there will be a $10 charge per head for room hire/electronics.

March Presenter

Don’t miss out on meeting Allan McLean, Managing Director of Mint Settlements who will inform us about contractual issues for investors, choosing and managing your settlement agent as well as a few trade tips and tricks along the way.

REAL DEAL: Don’t miss Kevin’s REAL DEAL of the month presented by a group member

Finishing off with a chat, nibblies, and networking

Those people who asked to be added to the email list should have received an email off Kelly in past few days so please RSVP by return email, etc.

If you asked to be on list and haven't received email please email me

Regards, Linda

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great night last night with a few new faces!

Mint Settlements gave us a few examples why you should have a reliable settlement agent to avoid penalty interest and any other thing that can go wrong when buying or selling property.

Kevin shared with us details of his development site at Kelmscott which he has recently sold. He said it was a fantastic learning experience, and he's met lots of contacts which he will use for his next development.

Watch this space for details of next meeting. All Welcome!

Last edited:
April WAIP Perth Property Investors Group

Hello Everyone,

Firstly thankyou to Allan and Rebecca McLean, Managing Director and Licensee of Mint Settlements for their presentation last month! You can visit Allan or Rebecca at www.mintsettlements.com.au. Remember they are available all hours of the day for clients on 1300 664 855 (How cool is that!)

We have a very exciting meeting ahead don’t miss it! And to all our new people, welcome, we hope you find these Perth get togethers educational, informative and inspiring!

Details for our next meeting are as follows;

Date: Wednesday 30th April, 2008

Registration and Networking from 6:30pm for a 7:00pm sharp start

Networking afterwards

Venue: Onedex Training Centre, 44 Goodwood Parade, Burswood

Cost: Parking is FREE but there will be a $10 charge per head for room hire/electronics.

APRIL PRESENTER

Don’t miss this one!! We are very privileged to have Brendan Kelly - Master Property Mentoring Coach from Property Investing.com in Melbourne via the web to talk to us about Motivation, motivation and more motivation! Brendan’s expertise is in helping people understand why they are investing, what purpose their investing is to them and making you accountable for your own goals and dreams! And no it is not pre-recorded – it is Brendan e-live talking straight to WAIP! This is going to be an event not to be missed!

Also I can’t wait to hear about Judith’s REAL DEAL! Judith will deliver to us her fantastic Toodyay deal – this will blow your mind!!!!!! – I am so impressed and cannot wait to hear what Judith has been up to!

Don’t forget the INFO board as well for any media tips/articles you have seen over the month and would like to share with the group – these will also be a great help for the Newsletter.

FUTURE MONTHLY MEETING DATES

Keep your diaries free for upcoming meetings for 2008.

Wednesday 30th April – Brendan Kelly – head mentoring coach from PropertyInvesting.com in Melbourne

Wednesday 28th May – Stuart from Vision Surveys will talk to us all about subdivision, R codes and tricks of the trade when it comes to getting your property subdivided

Wednesday 25th June – TBA

Wednesday 30th July - TBA

Please RSVP to Kel

Last edited by a moderator:
It was quite a huge night, about 30 people attended. A part of the discussion focussed on where we are in the economic cycle.

Some of the attendees believe now is not the best time to invest in Perth residential property. Most prices are continuing to drop, property would be neg. geared, currently 2-4% return on property, and interest rates will most likely continue to increase a bit more due to high inflation.

If you are intending on purchasing, ask yourself, "Where can I buy and make a profit?" One strategy could be: Get in, add value, get out.

The second part of the meeting Judith shared with us an 18 unit development that will begin shortly. Apart from the few hiccups with council her development has been approved and her plans are very inspiring.

Regards, Linda

What I (and I assume many others) appreciate is that you take the time to keep those of us who can't attend updated. Thanks Linda, your efforts are really appreciated.

....and I WILL be at the next meeting. :)

Thats great there is a Perth Group. I am not able to attend due to work times but wish you all the best. ;):D
It's a shame you can't make it rossdc, thanks for kind words.

Tizzy "What I (and I assume many others) appreciate is that you take the time to keep those of us who can't attend updated. Thanks Linda, your efforts are really appreciated.

....and I WILL be at the next meeting."

Thanks Tizzy - Just don't tell my hubby though, I'm already in trouble for being on the computer all the time. ;) It will be nice to meet you at next meeting, I'm glad your foot is getting better. Regards, Linda

How annoying it is to read this thread the day AFTER the meeting.

I would have loved to attend.

I'll pay more attention next time!

Hi Minx, sorry I missed your post. Your very welcome to attend May meeting:

Wednesday 28th May – Stuart from Vision Surveys will talk to us all about subdivision, R codes and tricks of the trade when it comes to getting your property subdivided.

Meetings are held last Weds of each month, details will be posted on this site about a week before.

Regards, Linda

Back