Perth mansion goes for record $57.5 million

as gross as I think the property was (and obviously the seller thought so too as she moved to an apartment in west perth) I sure would like to have the discretion to write out such a large cheque!

I'd be happy enough with Willie's annual commissions.

He said on the radio this morning that no usual RE spruiking was required, as the property speaks for itself. Nice work if ya can get it. :)

Cheers,
Beef.

It was origionally on the market at $80 million, but sold for $57.5 which is over 25% discount. Is that top end confidence?

I watched the place being built only a few years ago and I don't think the owner has spent much time there. It would be too much like a large empty hotel for me. Saying that the view is fantastic and I would have quite happily lived in the boat shed. :)

Maybe it will be like "Prix d'Amour and be bulldozed to create blocks?

It was origionally on the market at $80 million, but sold for $57.5 which is over 25% discount. Is that top end confidence?

I watched the place being built only a few years ago and I don't think the owner has spent much time there. It would be too much like a large empty hotel for me. Saying that the view is fantastic and I would have quite happily lived in the boat shed. :)

Maybe it will be like "Prix d'Amour and be bulldozed to create blocks?

hmmm but maybe 80 mil was too high an asking price to start off with. i dunno. i thought i heard the original amount was 70 mil

For a while there people wern't buying top end, there was a slump, now i've been hearing people are starting to buy properties in the western suburbs again and that it is picking up.

i think i read the family will live there. he has 6 kids.

I think the best thing is that Angela Bennett not only sold it to another mining magnate Chris Ellison, but that she paid only $400,000 for the 7,500 sq m block in 1992 (approx. $680,000 adjusted for inflation). That means she had a return of 8,500% on her original investment, on top of the $100 million in mining royalties she and she brother spilt each year

Back