Perth Meeting

Would anyone complain if I turned up in my sexiest cycling attire? I often ride to KP on weekends. Can make it a midday ride instead of early morning.

hehe, i'm bringing my bike too hehe. i was thinking of going aftewards at around 3. lol any opportunity i get i jump on it.

I think i mentioned it on page 1 or 2 hehe :p and Tulumula said she might join me. I'm waiting to hear back from a friend. I might have a bike riding date afterwards at kings park :D

Are you coming Rick or are you too rich for us? :p

Weekends are out for me due to cricket both days until the end of finals in a couple of weeks time... after then I'll be too rich but if I slum it for a month or so on my Royal Caribbean Cruise I should be right by then.:p

Weekends are out for me due to cricket both days until the end of finals in a couple of weeks time... after then I'll be too rich but if I slum it for a month or so on my Royal Caribbean Cruise I should be right by then.:p

Pity. :(

Where is MTR?

Would anyone complain if I turned up in my sexiest cycling attire? I often ride to KP on weekends. Can make it a midday ride instead of early morning.

Depends on how much of a lycra freak you are. If I see too many things jiggling around I might vomit but if you throw some shorts over the top I'll be fine :rolleyes:

Update on RSVPs

Tula - Who wants to Zorba?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nv0cALYV18
Drago, sans sausage
Westminster - Queens of 1sqm of living space per person
Blacky the White Cat
Blair Witch Project
Tano - Mr T
Jake Da Terminator
Aaron Splice
Benjalina
Alex the Anarchist P Keaton
Jon26 No.1
Jon26 No.2
Bum bum, bummity bum bum - yes THAT bum.
Mazkal
Chibs
Chibs' +1
Sanj
Charttv
Heroine
BLTN

Depends on how much of a lycra freak you are. If I see too many things jiggling around I might vomit but if you throw some shorts over the top I'll be fine :rolleyes:

I can't bring myself to do lycra shorts. Just the stylish upper body attire. I may be a little sweaty but promise I won't smell bad.

Alex, I can avoid doing the KP figure of 8 until after the meet up if you are keen to do this.

I can't bring myself to do lycra shorts. Just the stylish upper body attire. I may be a little sweaty but promise I won't smell bad.

Alex, I can avoid doing the KP figure of 8 until after the meet up if you are keen to do this.

Interesting... I actually do ride a bit. Wearing the shorts does actually make a diff to comfort levels (they are padded) and don't cause chaffing. However I always carry a bag with real clothes at the ready, should a public appearance be required.

I would rather be seen Naked than in Lycra. :eek:

Blacky

There is a new word to describe these men who cycle around in those ridiculous looking shorts..

Mamil - Middle Age Men in Lycra.

I have heard of these men. I also hear they wax their legs rather than take pride in their hairy nature.

Refer to Pinkboy on these forums... :p

Nothing like the feeling of freshly shaved legs, tight fitting lycra, and the breeze in your face on the bike!

Riding Sydney to Melbourne unassisted at the end of the month! Just the bike, a set of sleep clothes, credit card and a sense of adventure! Should be fun!

pinkboy

Nothing like the feeling of freshly shaved legs, tight fitting lycra, and the breeze in your face on the bike!

Riding Sydney to Melbourne unassisted at the end of the month! Just the bike, a set of sleep clothes, credit card and a sense of adventure! Should be fun!

pinkboy

What is the purpose behind the leg shave? It can't possibly be wind resistance which is the most common theory. There are 1000 things you could do to improve aerodynamics/speed before shaving your legs becomes relevant. So what is the real reason? Is it purely 'aesthetics'?

What is the purpose behind the leg shave? It can't possibly be wind resistance which is the most common theory. There are 1000 things you could do to improve aerodynamics/speed before shaving your legs becomes relevant. So what is the real reason? Is it purely 'aesthetics'?

I thought it was for easier treatment for injuries - strapping, cleaning and bandaging for crashes/strain injuries.

Back