Perth or Brisbane

Hello,

It looks like we will be relocating to either Perth or Brisbane for my husbands work. Could anyone reccomend to me some nice suburbs in both states - we will be renting as it will be about a 2 year posting. We will be looking at low maintenance townhouse/unit/apartment very close to the CBD - my husband will want to cycle to work. Upper limit will be around $500 per week. I have a 15 year old daughter so needs to be close to good public secondary school (she is having a major fit about moving).

I'm hoping for Perth because we all love the beach and I think the more laid back lifestyle there will be great - but on the negative side it is a long way away and my husband has 3 sons here in Melbourne (early 20's) and my daughters father is here in Melbourne. What state do people perfer?
Thanks,
Traci.

I don't think there's a huge difference between Bris and Perth, biggest thing is the flights will cost more, and take a couple of hours longer. Perth's a bit quiter, closer to beaches, people are friendlier. Bris has less crime. They are just my experiences though.

Look into Mt Lawley High School. It has a good name. Mt Lawley is a nice suburb.

I think Brisbane State High has a good name.

No choice - the work my husband does on the particular account he is on is coming to an end and there are quite a few opportunities in Perth and one in Brisbane.

Back