Perth property/development accountant

Hey Perthites,

Just throwing a call out to anyone who is using a great accountant who owns investment properties and has done developments themselves.

My current accountant doesn't and I am wanting to find a new accountant.

I have just booked in to see an accountant recommended buy a builder and I asked the accountant if he has any IP or done a development. "No" he said I am into shares (maybe I am in the wrong game they have done well over the last couple of years :) )Now I am sure he is a great accountant but I would love to talk to someone who is doing this stuff for themselves.

If you do not want to put a recommendation on the public forum please PM me, any help would be greatly appreciated....

I know that you do not need to get an accountant in your home state but I would like to find one in Perth before looking interstate.....

Thank you

Strange view....
If I want to invest in BHP I dont care if the CEO knows how to make steel.
If I want to invest in an IP it doesnt need to be somewhere I can see either.
Just because someone has been a prop investor or developer doesnt make then a great tax person - They may have lost $$ or got it all wrong ? Are they a property developer wanting to keep doing tax or a failed tax person doing contruction ??

How would you know what that person has done was the right way ?? For example has the accountant bought the IP in their own name. To me thats a warning sign. I see many clients where there can be reasons NOT to follow the typical approach. Peronal advice beats a photocopy approach anyday. Thats where a full and braod range of professional skills and judgement kicks in. Tax, Trust law, experience, ability to communicate, super, etc all come together..Also dont overlook their connections....Who do they rely on when its out of their depth ?

I havent done a development but IPs = Yes. I have advised many people on developments incl large builders. I have seen clients do great stuff and others just stuff it up. Some on SS want their hand held and others really dont and just want a sounding board if they encounter a issue. Others think they have no issues then I find otherwise. Some are locals and others interstate incl perth and even o/seas. Its uncommon to visit the office these days and a brief email or adhoc call can address most issues. I deal with a fair volume of SS users and price well for SS users knowing they are generally fairly savvy.

Happy to discuss what you feel you arent getting and what you seek - My pte mail below.

Back