Perth Property Hotspot Tool - Free

Folks,

A worthwhile free tool I found, for those thinking of investing in Perth Metro. Landgate has released their Property Hotspots mapping system where they list how many 'pending' sales for a given suburb on a weekly basis;

" Pending sales are those that are due to settle within the next week. These sales have not yet been recorded as Registered Sales by Landgate. It can take up to 6 weeks from the date of settlement for a sale to be recorded as a Registered Sale"

If you hover your mouse pointer over a particular suburb, it will tell you how many sales are due to be settled by the end of that week and also lists how many were due for settlement the week before. It also lists how many sales to date. Not bad for a freebie. Enjoy.

http://www.landgate.wa.gov.au/corporate.nsf/web/Property+Hotspots

Thanks for that link Jezzza

Just having a look at the hot zones and wondering if the increased activity is solely due to new houses being constructed in those areas?

i.e. Northern Suburbs

Butler
Ellenbrook
Aveley
Landsdale

Thanks for that link Jezzza

Just having a look at the hot zones and wondering if the increased activity is solely due to new houses being constructed in those areas?

i.e. Northern Suburbs

Butler
Ellenbrook
Aveley
Landsdale

Yes I noticed that too. Due to some of those areas being new estates a lot of those pending sales figures would probably be for land only. It'll be interesting to find out what the building activity is like in some of those places.

It would be due to the % supply on market. We keep a rolling month on month track of the % of listings on the market Vs total properties in area.

Here is Baldivis:
http://imagebin.org/163555

It has about 35% supply on market. More listings = More sales. Nothing to do with "hotspots". To put this in perspective, a balanced market is considered 3%-4% with some suburbs in Perth still >1%.

no worries, thanks. Certainly not looking to buy resi anyway ha ha! just thought for my own suburb, you know...might be in for a little surprise, "might be worth almost what I paid for it?

Back