Perth property listings - under 12,000.

Great work:)

Still not convinced regarding sales, however if you are holding then who cares, the yields will cover mortgage.

I went through a home open in Alkimos (on the east side of mamion) 3 weeks ago to look at a house very similar to what I am building in Eglington and Alkimos Beach on simlar size block. This house is now under offer for around $420k. Based on the premium for the my properties being on the coastal side of Marmion I think I may be being conservative in my valuation. Time will tell, but my gut feeling gets better everyday.:)

I went through a home open in Alkimos (on the east side of mamion) 3 weeks ago to look at a house very similar to what I am building in Eglington and Alkimos Beach on simlar size block. This house is now under offer for around $420k. Based on the premium for the my properties being on the coastal side of Marmion I think I may be being conservative in my valuation. Time will tell, but my gut feeling gets better everyday.:)

You just hit the nail on the head "coastal side of Marmion", buy as many as you can.

Cheers MTR

The house and land packages on the real estate sites are very deceiving. There can be a number of builders having packages on the same block. Plus even though the block may have been sold by the developer weeks or even months ago they do not remove it from the website.

With the land at Alkimos Beach, it was $137k for 240 square metres.
House Build (180sqm house) will be about $160k (incl site costs, quality finish) 20k finishing (flooring,window treatments etc). 20k stamp duty, settlement costs, interest. Total cost 337k. Estimated value when finished based on todays prices 410-430k. Rent Appraisal $450 per week (7% yield).
I expect the value and rent to be higher when the house is finished in a years time judging by what is happening at the moment.

20k for stamp duty ? On land worth 137k?

Sanj, A number of small houses in Shorehaven, Alkimos (on the east side of marmion) have just rented for between 475 and $480 a week. I am being conservative as my property will be 5km closer to railway station and on the coastal side of marmion, which has and always will have a premium.

Also there are currently rentals in Jindalee with similar size blocks and smaller houses (compared to what I am building) renting between $450-$480 per week.

And I thought Clarkson was a cut lunch and a water bottle away!!

I just spoke to my RE agent another property I was looking at ready to buy, guess what, sellers took it off the market ready to sell in six months as they see the market rising. This is the second time this has happened in 1 week. RE agent was quite upset as he is finding it so difficult to find stock, I may have to look at a different area completely as its just too hot.

have to admit I am getting the fever for it again and have been following your posts with interest. Tho a mate said his parents signed up with a leading project builder last year and they have been stuck in scheduling or estimating or some such BS since last september... after building my last house in 3 months I just dont know if I have the patience for big builder moronic processes anymore and may stick to that sort of market if the numbers keep stackign up.

I just spoke to my RE agent another property I was looking at ready to buy, guess what, sellers took it off the market ready to sell in six months as they see the market rising. This is the second time this has happened in 1 week. RE agent was quite upset as he is finding it so difficult to find stock, I may have to look at a different area completely as its just too hot.

Imagine what that will do to fuel the market even further if that trend keeps increasing.

have to admit I am getting the fever for it again and have been following your posts with interest. Tho a mate said his parents signed up with a leading project builder last year and they have been stuck in scheduling or estimating or some such BS since last september... after building my last house in 3 months I just dont know if I have the patience for big builder moronic processes anymore and may stick to that sort of market if the numbers keep stackign up.

Very interesting times, I am on the phone half the day trying to butter up RE agents, I don't think its working.:rolleyes:

For me personally I would not jump into L&H packages, purely cos I want to flick the product on completion, and I see too much of the same stock in the outer areas which makes me nervous.

I got an email that coastal side 240m2 blocks start at 145k on alkimos beach with a 1000mm slope front to back or $162 for a 166mm slope. How much would site works be for he large slope? Ie. which one is better value for money?

just had this conversation yesterday with an APG agent.

pay little for the block, spend a year in council for planning and building license for a level block, or fork out $18k for brick build up alongthe whole one side of yoir house.

suddenly,it aint so cheap.

Back