Perth Property Market updates

Discussion in 'Property Market Economics' started by Tano, 5th Nov, 2014.

1. INVSTOR

INVSTOR O+

Media:
    It's a speckled market. I've bought and sold in the past couple of months. I think I sold at the worst time over Easter. If I had of sold a couple of months earlier I think I may have gotten around $10,000 more. There was much better competition for sale at same time as mine. I purchased a couple of months ago on a long week-end. Another offer was put in for $13,000 more subject to sale. I didn't need to sell so my offer was accepted.

2. sanj

sanj Member

Yup subject sale offers are almost entirely useless in current market. Was looking at a property on luxury car let a few months ago, agent mentioned he might have a subject sale offer about to be presented and I just laughed and said he might as well throw it in the bin.

He agreed.

3. HiEquity

HiEquity Member

Just came across a deceased estate where the vendors rejected an offer of $2.1m eighteen months ago. Just sold now for $1.7m after being on and off the market since then with various agents.

It doesn't always pay to wait around! :eek:

4. sanj

sanj Member

Mate of mine offered $4.2 for a house asking I think $4.9m, I believe it ended up selling for $3.3m.

Ouch

5. MTR

MTR Bling Bling

Media:
    OMG, things that bad. Hell of a discount.

Good time to buy/upgrade - primary residence, if buying and selling in the same market then I guess it wont matter too much.

6. sanj

sanj Member

That was 2 or so years ago I think, a lot of the really desperate sellers are long gone now so while prices haven't increased some of the spectacular discounts are less prevalent imo

7. hematite

hematite Member

Most people I know in the industry (100's of FIFOs) live in Perth. Very few live over east. Those policies of flying people east for free have long gone. And very few people are based in the east.

Interesting approach: http://www.theguardian.com/business...-mine-workers-a-choice-pay-cuts-or-job-losses

I'd rather lower pay than no job.

8. INVSTOR

INVSTOR O+

Media:
    Judging by this agents comments it sounds like you could be right on about two-storey. Any idea how much all this would cost to build and finish with pool? https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-bayswater-118994963

9. INVSTOR

INVSTOR O+

Media: