Perth Property Market updates

It will also be a very good strategy that RE agents will now use when selling, it cant be bad that is for sure.

I must admit I started to have second thoughts about selling an IP since cashflow will be even higher. I think it may result in less available stock on the market. I might just take your advice and rent for a while rather than buy PPOR.

I must admit I started to have second thoughts about selling an IP since cashflow will be even higher. I think it may result in less available stock on the market. I might just take your advice and rent for a while rather than buy PPOR.
Might be a viable option. I spoke to a tenant who is going to ask for $50 off their weekly rent when their fixed term ends in a couple of months.

A search 'perth greater region' on re.com.au with a keyword of 'reduced' show 78 results and 'reduction' shows 28 results.

I frequent the Burswood/Crown area (the parks and riverside), and nearly every time, I see meth heads around the station trying to start fights with guys/families etc. It's unfortunate as I love the park, but it can feel a bit dodgy at times.

I don't yet really understand the demographics of this area totally, but it seems rather odd? I read that a lady was also threatened with a gun in this carpark after witnessing some illegal activity. They are trying to build up the area as an entertainment precinct with resort style living, but there are a fair few people who just like to cause trouble here. I was also told by the cops that the service station at Burswood is also a haven for crime.

I know Rivervale/Belmont/Kewdale has a lot of crime (looking at WA Police website), however surely the proximity to the city should see this change? Perth is growing quite fast, so I would think that this gentrification would happen as it did in Sydney in areas like Redfern.

Unfortunately I can't find historical data for the crime rate in this area so I can't graph it to see how it has done over the boom/bust period.

There's big plans afoot here too (although, this is second installment of a master plan for the area):

http://taylorburrellbarnett.com.au/...ation-East-Masterplan-Project-Sheet-V2013.pdf

I wonder whether this will be a winner, its too far from the hub, location is everything especially inner city...too much competition

If it's designed and priced accordingly it won't have any issue. Match also have a pretty good reputation although I feel it's somewhat undeserved

If it's designed and priced accordingly it won't have any issue. Match also have a pretty good reputation although I feel it's somewhat undeserved

They do make pretty stuff though :)
I think that is where Finbar let themselves down and what they are now fixing. They were too focussed on square/boring/cheap and they let themselves down. Now they are looking more architectural and will do well if they keep up the quality of workmanship

I think that is where Finbar let themselves down and what they are now fixing. They were too focussed on square/boring/cheap and they let themselves down. Now they are looking more architectural and will do well if they keep up the quality of workmanship

Some of their stuff looks good but some is blaaaaand, their beaufort st ones are perfect examples of this.

Finbar is an excellent and very lean developer with a system that obviously works but they're copy and paste architecture is an insult to the senses. Fine In isolation but when you consider the sheer numbers they do it really is a poor effort design wise.

They're the central equity/mmeriton of perth but could get away with it in the past due to lack of competition and the consumer not being discerning. That's changing though which is why they're finally starting to change things up a bit.

Very well run company and surprisingly lean staff numbers

Been watching 145 walcott, Match, not flying out the door
I think cos not in hub and product for this location is not quite right, am I right? thoughts????

Been watching 145 walcott, Match, not flying out the door
I think cos not in hub and product for this location is not quite right, am I right? thoughts????

Wasn't 145 walcott completed a few years ago? This is at the william st lights isn't it? I thought it was offices, the old 24 hour stoner joint that delivered food and nangs to all the uni kids

Wasn't 145 walcott completed a few years ago? This is at the william st lights isn't it? I thought it was offices, the old 24 hour stoner joint that delivered food and nangs to all the uni kids

I assumed it was units and offices, your right just checked it out, on wonder it looked wrong to me:eek:

WM and Sanj
Just curious what do you guys think of this builder Psaros

http://www.psaros.com.au/

I agree. The original application was for a small bar and cafe, not sure why that fell through but now it looks like it will be all residential. Commercial has always struggled that far from Beaufort but I think resi will be fine. It's a 5-10 min walk to Beaufort. I wouldn't want to live on walcott but people do for the right price. I would still expect street level to be commercial. Interesting to see what pans out.

Further down on Walcott near Longroyd vacant block recently sold, I know the owners of this and will be looking at apartments, but these will have city views, even though further away, the city views will be the attraction.

Back