Perth Property Market updates

Good marketing campaigns and market at higher end product. Not sure that it's warranted but they market it well and get it.

I usually like the locations that they pick.

I wouldnt call it higher end personally, prices are still in that middle band that say finbar etc play in but they probably squeeze an extra few % because of all their sustainability measures.

Personally I do like some of what they're doing and they're worth considering, the main thing I'm concerned about is how rapidly they're growing and whether or not quality can be maintained.

Their interiors are improving too, there was a stage where some of their stuff was really bland as well And as far as I've heard they haven't had any more major issues like with tyne square.

I popped into sales office of tenth and beaufort last week and was quite impressed with that development as well, prices were getting a bit up there for some of them though

Further down on Walcott near Longroyd vacant block recently sold, I know the owners of this and will be looking at apartments, but these will have city views, even though further away, the city views will be the attraction.

Are you talking about 181 Walcott? I'd be very interested to know more about this as I own an adjoining property. Do you know how many apts and how many stories they're looking at? Timeframes etc?

good luck keeping that trellis alive....

good to see proper living room dimensions, though.

Most celsius developments tend to be of a good size internally. They've done a fair bit In vic park but recently have spread into 2 in North perth and 1 in Mt Lawley that I know of, on Whatley opposite the train station.

Their internals seem to be improving selection wise as well in line with what the market is demanding

I've dealt extensively with some of the people in there, good company

Are you talking about 181 Walcott? I'd be very interested to know more about this as I own an adjoining property. Do you know how many apts and how many stories they're looking at? Timeframes etc?

That is a coincidence
I think, sold by Stuart Weston
I cant share any information other than what i mentioned

What do you guys think with Perth property prices within 20km radius of CBD in the next 12 months?
IR might go down again but the number of listing is still going up (13K now).

What do you guys think with Perth property prices within 20km radius of CBD in the next 12 months?
IR might go down again but the number of listing is still going up (13K now).

That's a big area, care to narrow down your requirements a little?
Regardless, personally I wouldn't expect any growth in that timeframe. I think you would need to be a bit creative as opposed to buying and holding.

Rockingham potential?

Looking at putting some work into 2BR units in Rockingham , under $400k...NRAS.

Can anyone advise if this area has capital gain potential in the short term. I am an east coaster and would like to know a local slant on the market there.

Thanks!

Where abouts in Rocko? There's Rockingham, then there's Rockingham.....

Anywhere between Lake St and the Coast is a good spot. On the West tip, expect to replace a roof every May and September.

Can't remember who was talking about the Wanneroo/Girrawheen/Koondoola rezoning being 10 years away, but anyway the latest parts are up on the council website.

So going into WAPC for permission to advertise for public comment for 42 days, after which they address all the comments, then resubmit to be gazetted by the government to R40/R60 (though going to be split coding if their new amendment is approved so R20/40 and R20/60).

They say 2 years, but aiming to do it in less. I would be happy with anything less than 3.

Read it here:
http://www.wanneroo.wa.gov.au/info/20017/planning_and_building/50/local_housing_policy

Can't remember who was talking about the Wanneroo/Girrawheen/Koondoola rezoning being 10 years away, but anyway the latest parts are up on the council website.

So going into WAPC for permission to advertise for public comment for 42 days, after which they address all the comments, then resubmit to be gazetted by the government to R40/R60 (though going to be split coding if their new amendment is approved so R20/40 and R20/60).

They say 2 years, but aiming to do it in less. I would be happy with anything less than 3.

Read it here:
http://www.wanneroo.wa.gov.au/info/20017/planning_and_building/50/local_housing_policy

I get confused with the split coding, and the range they have listed, so does R20/40 constitute 220 sqm per block??

R20 is your 'as right' zoning - so can apply for subdivision at that code without a DA.

Generally, split coded lots require a DA for the higher coding before a sub approval is granted - ask anyone that has done anything in Armadale!

In other words, you can apply for either.

R20/40 means you automatically get R20 which is 450m2 per block but if you jump through certain hoops you can get R40 which is a 220sqm block.

Sometimes the higher zoning requirements is a minimum frontage or minimum land size. Its best to check with the council. If you do then please post the response here.

Dual Zoning requirements - Usually have to comply with Residential Design Guides for each council (here is a small set of requirements)
  • Bassendean= 2 Street frontages and shared access way ,water sensitive urban design, -reserve existing streetscape, dont comprimise heritage objectives ..
  • Belmont =Frontage >16m, side setback >6m , mix of single and 2 storey etc
  • Cannington - reticulated sewerage and (for development of more than two dwellings) minimum development site frontage is 25 metres
  • Midvale (Kalumunda)- Min 1500m2
  • Willagee- 60m frontage and >2000?sqm

If anyone could back up this list and provide more info for other councils then that would be helpful.
Thanks

From reading the minutes, to achieve the higher coding you require it not exceed capabilities of surrounding services/amenities (open to interpretation that one) and also a common driveway access point aka one crossover.

Crossover is an interesting one if going down the battleaxe route and retaining the front.

That said, if you want to demolish and get R40/R60 it is easy enough to have a common driveway.

Thanks
I think last time it was 18 months then it got rescheduled again. Hopefully it will happen within 3 year time frame.

I am out of this market sold everything, once they changed their target date I decided I would rather develop today.

In saying this I am waiting for target date of rezoning for Willagee in November this year, it looks like they are on target.

MTR:)

Hi guys, I'm not sure if its already out there but High Road Riverton will/should be up for rezoning from R17.5/25 to R40 in the next 3 years. The amendments were accepted Oct 2014

The strange thing is that currently commercial offices are not allowed on that road, but you if drive down there are all sorts of business running (dentist, accountants, electricians, chiros and physios etc.). Does anyone know how they got around the condition??

Hi guys, I'm not sure if its already out there but High Road Riverton will/should be up for rezoning from R17.5/25 to R40 in the next 3 years. The amendments were accepted Oct 2014

The strange thing is that currently commercial offices are not allowed on that road, but you if drive down there are all sorts of business running (dentist, accountants, electricians, chiros and physios etc.). Does anyone know how they got around the condition??

Council discretion to allow non-conforming use in certain areas. There are usually conditions to have be met still. Eg. carparks per lettable space, staff, practitioner etc.

Back