Perth Property Market updates

Wow, that would have been fun. :)

It also applies to brownfield where there is a structure plan in place. Does that mean any new structure plan created from today AND existing structure plans only after they have been amended? (or dont we need to wait for amendments?)

Existing will have a nine months changeover period.

If new estates choose to adopt this, they must not be modified further....!

In any regard, most of my DAPs and LDPs are proposed to allow pretty much exactly what the RMDs are proposing, so there's nothing but good news from my end, I no longer have to fight for a common sense outcome.

It looks like the rental market in Ashfield and Bassendean for houses has improved and prices back to what they were in early 2014.

I've been looking on and off and things are pretty stagnant? I hope you are right :)

I'll be advertising soon so I'll update. One thing I've noticed though is there is about 1 house available to every 8 villa/units. Not many houses available with more than 2 bedrooms. I wonder if there will be a shortage of houses with a decent back yard to accommodate families.

Interestingly I seemed to have bucked the trend with one of the Gwelup villas. We had a break lease request last week as they want to accept a job in another country. They signed off on the usual break lease conditions and it was advertised at the current rate on Monday. Well today we have a strong applicant and accepted them.

Comparables are hard to find for the area but we were prepared that we might have to accept around 10% less than we previously had received.

Interesting
We had a break lease recently as well.

Held a home open and had 5groups through. Only one decent applicant though. We accepted at the same rate for 6months.
They offered a 5% reduced rate for 12months.

Interesting strategy. I accepted 6months and see what the market does. My way of thinking is that once they are in, it will be easier to stay for another 6than move on again.

Will see if I made the right choice in 6months time.

Blacky

Checking R code approvals

General r code query:
Where to check/ who to check with, what stage proposed r code changes are at eg she advertized r20 subject to WAPC proposal approval..
TIA

City of Vincent in December, maybe coolbellup next march.

City of Joondalup and also the suburbs of girrawheen and koondoola are supposed to be close. (its been about 4 or more years now) does anyone have an update?

Interestingly I seemed to have bucked the trend with one of the Gwelup villas. We had a break lease request last week as they want to accept a job in another country. They signed off on the usual break lease conditions and it was advertised at the current rate on Monday. Well today we have a strong applicant and accepted them.

Comparables are hard to find for the area but we were prepared that we might have to accept around 10% less than we previously had received.

We have been without a tenant after they defaulted due to job loss for two months in Girrawheen and have dropped the rent by 15 percent.

Things are sounding very sad over in Perth.

Went to an auction in Mount Hawthorn on Saturday.

491sqm block with older federation style 2x1 brick and tile on it

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-mount+hawthorn-119699431

Kitchen needed about $5000 other than that a lick of paint. Bathroom was all good.

sold for $705,000 :eek:

I'm balls deep into a development at the moment but I would have bought that in a heartbeat at that price. I had tears rolling down my cheek :). Funny watching the guy who eventually bought the property run around to different groups before auction including the mrs and I saying "thats a knock down job", "who would buy this" etc.

Only 4 groups bid with about 60-80 in the crowd. When it went live at $705,000 not one extra bid came up. I was gobsmacked.

Anyway that is the market, this one a couple of doors up for this price

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-mount+hawthorn-119896613

Or this one across the road for this price

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-mount+hawthorn-119889409

Good price but it does not have any development potential at R30

I dislike auctions and other listing's with no price.

Last edited:
There's not a lot of fat left in these older homes in Mount Hawthorn these days.
They cost a lot of money to renovate and maintain and a lot more than $5000 and a lick of paint would be required to get a decent rental return.
2 bedrooms is a limiting factor for families wanting to rent in that area as well.
Mount Hawthorn is an oddity, it's as expensive as some of the western suburbs but nowhere near as nice.

Back