Perth Property Market updates

I can't think of anything much better you could buy for the money. Tho that one in Mt Hawthorn looked good.

$800k is the dream

I didn't mind that Mt Hawthorn property with the thought to buy and extend. If I were younger I would sit and rebuild.....but only if I could get past the small land size. It is big for the area but I don't think I could handle a block under 650sqm which is becoming rarer.

I like a bit of land though, good public schools and hilly landscape so I would offer $850,000 for this and hope for the best, but since I can't buy I think it may suit someone else to give it a go.

I couldn't live on Hale rd. Too busy for me.

I guess I wasn't really comparing apples to apples, PPOR yeah i'm with you.
Though I honestly don't think that part of Hale road is too busy with most traffic going south on weaponess rather than heading east from the ocean during either side of peak hour..

I liked this place, would of made a nice PPOR (no idea how busy this stretch of road gets though, might explain the wall outfront :p) http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-wembley-119204347 went for 825k)

Not the best or desirable location in Wembley, main artery, however if you picked it up for the right price then why not.:)

That's a bargain! So difficult to find blocks that size in Perth in decent suburb! My friend built a nice house in that street about 10 years ago. Lovely neighbours.

I guess someone has about 1hr to secure this before its gone. Tick tick tick

I suspect 15% or so after all costs, also there is no plan b with a site like that which isn't ideal in an uncertain market like this one. Better deals out there

I guess someone has about 1hr to secure this before its gone. Tick tick tick

I don't understand, why would you pay $400k for a vacant lot in Bassendean when you could be in Wembley Downs for $800-900k with a serviceable house? Or $7 whatever in mt Hawthorn?

I don't understand, why would you pay $400k for a vacant lot in Bassendean when you could be in Wembley Downs for $800-900k with a serviceable house? Or $7 whatever in mt Hawthorn?

We'll I guess for 800k someone could have a nice single storey home turnkey on a decent bit of land.

I personally wouldn't do that but can see why it appeals

yes affordability.

if you have the money tho, generally speaking if you slap a $400k house on say a $900k block (after a few years of building equity etc) there should be a few hundred k uplift in value. I haven't checked the values on new 2 storey houses in Wembley downs to see

Closer to Perth is a subdividable block in Bayswater, walking distance from the train station. It has a current approval already in place for two green title blocks, but is a lot more per square metre than the Basso block of course. I dunno, the house looks like a major reno job to me. Not sure about the price. Maybe a little on the high side?

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-bayswater-119929761

Could maybe be a triplex if you do it in 2 stages, get 5%variation for first lot, them end up with 706sqm r 25 lot.

If you get it in the 700s it's worth considering.

I'm still holding off, good bargains are starting to appear but better ones will be here soon

There are not many places within 12km of CBD where land is in the 5xx$/sqm

Back