Perth Property Market updates

It's a speckled market. I've bought and sold in the past couple of months. I think I sold at the worst time over Easter. If I had of sold a couple of months earlier I think I may have gotten around $10,000 more. There was much better competition for sale at same time as mine. I purchased a couple of months ago on a long week-end. Another offer was put in for $13,000 more subject to sale. I didn't need to sell so my offer was accepted.

Yup subject sale offers are almost entirely useless in current market. Was looking at a property on luxury car let a few months ago, agent mentioned he might have a subject sale offer about to be presented and I just laughed and said he might as well throw it in the bin.

He agreed.

Just came across a deceased estate where the vendors rejected an offer of $2.1m eighteen months ago. Just sold now for $1.7m after being on and off the market since then with various agents.

It doesn't always pay to wait around! :eek:

Just came across a deceased estate where the vendors rejected an offer of $2.1m eighteen months ago. Just sold now for $1.7m after being on and off the market since then with various agents.

It doesn't always pay to wait around! :eek:

Mate of mine offered $4.2 for a house asking I think $4.9m, I believe it ended up selling for $3.3m.

Ouch

OMG, things that bad. Hell of a discount.

Good time to buy/upgrade - primary residence, if buying and selling in the same market then I guess it wont matter too much.

That was 2 or so years ago I think, a lot of the really desperate sellers are long gone now so while prices haven't increased some of the spectacular discounts are less prevalent imo

12,000 is nothing was the gist. half of them are probably from NZ and over east anyway. A drop in the ocean compared to the closure of auto manufacturing

Most people I know in the industry (100's of FIFOs) live in Perth. Very few live over east. Those policies of flying people east for free have long gone. And very few people are based in the east.

Interesting approach: http://www.theguardian.com/business...-mine-workers-a-choice-pay-cuts-or-job-losses

I'd rather lower pay than no job.

assuming it's single resi, the average rate is being distorted by the large size of the block. That's just my view of the world... stuffed if I am paying $1000-2000/m for land on lots bigger than 500sqm just so I can weed and mow it, particularly if the market is dictating that I need to go 2 storey anyway

Judging by this agents comments it sounds like you could be right on about two-storey. Any idea how much all this would cost to build and finish with pool? https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-bayswater-118994963

Back