Perth, split system installer

Any recommendations for honest split system installer in Perth SOR (servicing high wycombe area)? back to back install 10m from meterbox for a Single storey B/T home

Last guy i used gave me a quote then added all these extra's (PVC feet for condensor, extra cabling over the quoted cost, removing tin sheets in roof for install etc)

Do you guys normally purchase the units from a supplier then organise someone else to install? Is there much to be saved by doing it this way, or is it more a better quality install?

Thanks

Joel

Thanks for the replys. I usually buy from online shops overeast and find an installer .

Appliancecentral.com.au or appliance warehouse .com.au

Mitsubishi
Fitjitsu
Panasonic

Tano,

Would you be up recommend who you used to install your a/c units? I'm looking to put at least two 2.5kw units in the Town of Vic Park area.

Thanks,

Joel

Thanks for the replys. I usually buy from online shops overeast and find an installer .

Appliancecentral.com.au or appliance warehouse .com.au

Mitsubishi
Fitjitsu
Panasonic

I would be interested in know how much you save by doing this, I will need 3 airconds for my development.

Cheers MTR

Would be great if all of us could keep each other in the loop since we are all looking at installing A/Cs. I do wonder if it's better/cheaper to get an a/c store to supply and install.

I find Kambo's pricing pretty competitive and they don't seem to charge for delivery though I haven't called them up to check.

Fujitsu 1.25HP Inverter Split
Kambo's $799
ApplianceOnline $878 + delivery $99
ApplianceCentral $820 + delivery $92

Kambo's Delivery T&C
*Purchases online over $100 will be delivered free (drop off only) Monday to Friday in the Perth metro area, Saturday delivery will be $85.00 extra if required, Homewares (only homewares appliances) can be delivered Australia wide and for everything else, we offer a Perth Metropolitan delivery.

Appliance Central FUJITSU 7.1KW ASTG24LFCC $1,620.00
Delivery $128
Installation $550
Cashback $200
TOTAL = $2098

Does your kambo quotes already include cashback?

Appliance Central FUJITSU 1.25hp ASTG09LVCC $820
Delivery $92
Installation $550
Cashback $200
TOTAL = $1262 vs kambos $1,349.00 installed (not sure if 1349 is with $200 cashback)

Kambo's doesn't specifically say which model it is but I'm assuming it's the 2.5kW model. I haven't done the specification comparison to be fully sure it is apples with apples. I don't think the price includes the cash back based on their website.

Kambo's Link

Joel

Hi Tano,

Did you get quotes from supply and install suppliers like Gas & Air, Ambience Air etc.?

Wondering if they are a lot more expensive overall compared to sourcing and then finding an installer.

Thanks,

Joel

I can unequivocally recommend that you do not use Jeff Mouritz gas and air.

i had a horrific experience with them and even though jeff mouritz features in the ads, branding etc and claims to be contactable he flat out refused to call me back and was just generally ****

no thanks.

I like to keep it simple....get PM's to organise supply & installation quotes... PM emails me quotes.. I return email instructions on who to go with. PM organises all the rest.. after all thats why I have a PM & pay them to do - to manage!

I guess it comes downs to how much you value your time. I dont know about you but the whole idea of building my portfolio in the first instance was to create income & free up my time.

Last thing I want is to become a slave to it.

I like to keep it simple....get PM's to organise supply & installation quotes... PM emails me quotes.. I return email instructions on who to go with. PM organises all the rest.. after all thats why I have a PM & pay them to do - to manage!

I guess it comes downs to how much you value your time. I dont know about you but the whole idea of building my portfolio in the first instance was to create income & free up my time.

Good point but this property does not have a PM. its self managed. AC installs/repairs only occur once in every 5-10years for a single property. I have written down a sample email (which is saved in google drive) which i email to 3-4 different installers. Takes 5 mins max to ask for quotes and another 1 min to respond to best quote with the details.

off topic but my PM takes about 18% per year from each property.I would have the same cashflow if i self managed 4, or had a PM managing 5 properties.

this may be true but for certain things the difference in price can be massive.

for example a poster a few days ago asked about stone tops in perth because they had been quoted $6k for a tuart hill reno. i got caesarstone tops put in last year for $1600 but in order to do that i had to put a bit of effort in. there is absolutely no way a PM would have been willing/able to do it.

with stuff like aircon though i agree with you, the saving is often pretty small.

Back