Perth Suburb\property selection

WA police website gives reported crime statistics, but only report total numbers, not per capita or anything, so maybe a wiki search to get the suburb population to calculate.
There may be a better website for this information.
I just re-read my post, and yes, English is my first language.

Do not confuse a rising market with genius. If they did not at least double in the last boom then behind the game. Many people have followed the likes of Investor clubs and Turnbull and end in tears.

Have a look at Cannington....it ticks your criteria listed.

I looked at numerous properties around cannington in the first 4 months of this year & finally settled on a villa in a neighbouring suburb. All my research including advice from my PM led me to believe that East Cannington & Beckingham was where the crime was & to avoid. There is a pocket which is bordered by Albany Hwy, Hamilton st, Sevenoaks & cecil ave which would be the pick of the bunch.
BTW i bought in the neighboring suburb as a good mate of mine & my PM gave me the thumbs up on the suburb.
Hope this helps

You state you are looking for CG then suggest newish units. Without starting an argument it is the land that goes up not the building on it. Unless you are the one developing and selling them Stratas are terrible investments.

i disagree, a lot....

I bought otp, strata unit, in northbridge 10 yrs ago. it was completed 8 years ago and is now worth about double.

It's not the land that appreciates, its the location. And what you have to offer in that location.
Desirable location in combination with satisfactory abode = winner

Lets see what happens in the next ten years when the new highrises are built over train line. Newer, better and massive supply. The last ten years saw a once in a lifetime boom where everything doubled. The next ten years will see who picked well. Yes you can do ok in some areas, but the big gains are in rezonings.

Hi all,

I have narrowed the search to below areas and want your help to go ahead, here are some options :

Morley, Dianella (Villa, Unit)
Wannerro, Ashby, singara (New or near new houses)
Joondalup (Old unit, houses)
East cannington,Langford, Bentley. (House, unit,Villa)
Can I please get some feedback\suggestions\comments regarding above options on which should I prioritize.

Thanks.
AVS

Hi all,

I have narrowed the search to below areas and want your help to go ahead, here are some options :

Morley, Dianella (Villa, Unit)
Wannerro, Ashby, singara (New or near new houses)
Joondalup (Old unit, houses)
East cannington,Langford, Bentley. (House, unit,Villa)
Can I please get some feedback\suggestions\comments regarding above options on which should I prioritize.

Joondalup and Wanneroo don't meet your distance criteria (too far) though Joondalup takes the same time to get into town as closer in suburbs on slower rail lines.

Bentley is subject to institutional forces beyond your control (which can be good or bad).

Its western part is essentially an overseas student renter ghetto. That means absentee landlords and few owner occupiers. You're dependent on how successful Curtin is in attracting o/s students (our high dollar wouldn't help). It's got good transport but poor shopping (need to go to Vic Park, Cannington or Kararwara).

Eastern Bentley is overshadowed by the notorious Brownlie Towers High Rise which had a reputation for suicides. Then there are lower density commission townhouses around it. The area is under redevelopment. There's a stigma to overcome but there may be an opportunity, depending on if they can change the tenant mix and get in more owner occupiers. Study plans and progress carefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate.

Though Wannerroo, Joondalup are little far, still I am now looking for it due to its development, infact I was thinking more towards these subrubs than SE (Bentlel, Cannington, langford)

What are your thoughts for Wanneroo?

Joondalup is a good choice due to rezoning, certainly will add value.

Also, Craigie is on the move from what I can see, if you check out this area you will note that most houses are 'under contract', once again certain precincts in the area will be rezoned. Tis also falls under the City of Joodalup. I expect savy investors are moving into this area.

MTR

Back