Perth Tue 25 Feb - Networking to Success and the Ins and Outs of Commercial Property!

You may be asking yourself what networking has to do with Property investing, good question? The answer is ?it?s everything?, property investing is a people game, you need to know, agents, builders, other investors and the list goes on. Do you think it would be better to have a great network to call on and possibly unearth opportunities with? Well this meeting will help you with building your network and making the most of your existing network. We will also be covering a lot of detail on commercial property, the area which most successful investors ultimately move into for a number of reasons, many of which will be covered. For full details please see http://www.propertymeeting.com.au/archives/2259

Hi MRO the focus of the group is to provide knowledge and a lot of networking for people, not to sell products. We always attempt to have speakers that are willing primarily to share. All the best.

You may be asking yourself what networking has to do with Property investing, good question?

Networking is simply meeting people you don't know who are smarter and more knowledgeable than you in a particular arena, therefore can help you achieve your aspirations sooner than you thought, in many cases. It will also open your eyes to new opportunities and possibilities.

The real skill is discerning the helpers from the takers.

The real skill is discerning the helpers from the takers.

Rubbish....

What does that make you if all the people you meet at these networking functions are helpers ??

The real skill is knowing everyone there is a human, with all that that involves.

Rubbish....

What does that make you if all the people you meet at these networking functions are helpers ??

The real skill is knowing everyone there is a human, with all that that involves.

Never said they are all going to help you, quiet the opposite, but discerning who will help from who will rip you off is an important life skill to have.

I have personally been the recipient of both, like we all probably have?

How that makes you a wooden duck is beyond me :confused:

"knowing every one is human and all that involves" :confused:

Last edited:
Hi MRO the focus of the group is to provide knowledge and a lot of networking for people, not to sell products. We always attempt to have speakers that are willing primarily to share. All the best.

Thanks but I notice you are a business and trying to promote a 'free meeting' on the forum. There are a lot of spruikers in the industry who offer 'free' seminars while trying to sell a particular product or service.

Everyone is entitled to make a profit for their work, I am just trying to understand what you and the people holding the meeting will be getting from ($$) the meeting.

It is good if all parties go into an arrangement with their eyes open.

I assume you are a marketing group who promotes networking meetings and then charges industry to present some information and promote their own services? The quality of the evening would be largely determined by the mix of info versus sales presentation and the other participants attending.

Thanks but I notice you are a business and trying to promote a 'free meeting' on the forum. There are a lot of spruikers in the industry who offer 'free' seminars while trying to sell a particular product or service.
It's not a 'free' meeting. "There is a $20 per head entry charge or $30 per couple (payable online or at the door) includes a property investing magazine!"

The usefulness of the night will in part depend on the quality of the speakers. This meeting has Russ Parham, Managing Director of Ray White Commercial Burswood and Peter Taliangis who builds online networks through facebook, Linkedin, Twitter & more.

Hypothetically, if Russ Parham's presentation got me interested in commercial property investing I might approach Ray While Burswood to see what commercial property options might suit my portfolio. OTOH, I would not pay Peter to build me an online network but other attendees may. Alternately, he may give people the info to do that themselves.

http://www.propertymeeting.com.au/archives/2259

Rubbish....

Start on the wine early today mate? :p

Have been to these a few times. Usually quite good and informative usually the only advertising or selling as such is the profesionals cards on a table in the corner if you want to grab one to discuss anything further.

There is one monthly

Cheers

Can we not do the same thing once month and spend the $20 at the Bayswater? Sooo many people I wanted to talk to last time, but they were all drunk ... :p

These are not free nights as I originally said. If MRO actually clicks on the link and has a look they will see that.

So much bullsh*t in the property seminar industry, just trying to work out what their deal is.

If I was operating a seminar networking scheme I would add a note to my website to explain this. Differentiate yourself in the market by being upfront. There are too many hard sell seminars so by not explaining this many will automatically assume "for the low price of $20 you get a two hour sales pitch".

Knowledge is power.

Best way to work out what their deal is would be to go. There is a lot of BS in the property industry and this forum is a part of that property industry.

I have learned a lot from this forum and also a lot of what not to do.

As you say, knowledge is power.

Best way to work out what their deal is would be to go. .

I am genuinely interested in attending but don't want to turn up and find out I have been mislead into attending a two hour sales pitch. If you already know about this group then fine, I don't so I have asked the question. A few comments including the one from HD ACE are helpful in finding out this info.

I am not trying to be rude, just trying to find out what the deal is.

I just want to clarify, the bullsh*t I referred to was in the property seminar industry not the property industry generally.

I just want to clarify, the bullsh*t I referred to was in the property seminar industry not the property industry generally.
I have been to those property seminars too. In my case, the seminar was relatively informative and innocuous. However, 3 years later I am still getting those phone calls. Why, oh why did I give them my real phone number?

Anyway, when I first read the blurb I though the same as you... just another one of those seminars. But reading the attached page, gut instinct was that it was legit. Good to have it confirmed by some of the other posters. I'm really interested too but I don't think I will be able to make it this time.

I've been to meetings associated with the same group in Canberra. They have been educational and good value. There was no hard sell. Each meeting had a presenter with different expertise. There's been meetings about renovation, SMSFs, NRAS, valuation. One meeting was presented by Nathan Birch, who will be familiar to many in this forum.

Back