Perth ugly ducklings??

Sorry HD - but the R30/35 multiple dwelling provisions are on the cards to be removed.

Also you need to use the average to qualify the lot, not just look to the minimum sizes. This is a duplex lot, but highly unlikely to be green title due to required exclusive battleaxe lot sizes.

Unless the owner is looking to one large apartment development or have plans drawn up before the management statement is in place, then a pair of green title lots would be required to do a small apt development on each. Headache there is the lot shape which is not economical for apartments due to the NCC fire separation requirements.

Unless your DA process looks to be swift and efficient (with apartments they rarely are, but it is possible) and with council giving your application more than the once over you may get stuck applying under one set of rules and being trapped with a new set come approval time.

I suggest a pair of survey strata lots there for a multiple exit strategy when combined with a 6 - 8 apartment DA - but like I said, it would want to be pretty compliant to ensure easy construction and swift approval.

Good luck!

Battle axe lot area is the minimum total size where you have an exclusive driveway.

Otherwise lts a common drive and using the normal minimum lot size.

Unlikely to have an exclusive battleaxe AND a usable rear lot AND meet the minimum for the front lot on a lot this shape - however, CAD never lies and is the ultimate qualifier. Call or email if you want to explore things further.

Thoughts on this http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-wa-heathridge-200993775

In proposed rezoning area for R30.

25M frontage. Is a 913 sqm land.

Been to the top of the block and can see the ocean from the top, so potential views.

Stones throw from a nice park. Has schools not far away.

Propozed mariner at Ocean Reef mariner going to be the next Hillaries.

Downsides i see: The block is on an angle - not flat.

Here's another, frontage is too narrow though
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-heathridge-117863443

I would have a problem buying land that needs to be rezoned only cos of holding costs. If zoning was already in place and you could work on plans and permits then fine but otherwise you could be $26K+ out of pocket pa ouch.

Thoughts on this http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential+land-wa-heathridge-200993775

In proposed rezoning area for R30.

25M frontage. Is a 913 sqm land.

Been to the top of the block and can see the ocean from the top, so potential views.

Stones throw from a nice park. Has schools not far away.

Propozed mariner at Ocean Reef mariner going to be the next Hillaries.

Downsides i see: The block is on an angle - not flat.

It could do a triplex. What were you thinking?

It could do a triplex. What were you thinking?

Initially thinking triplex but still trying to understand the zoning and its proposed R30. So ATM my understanding is you could only do 2.

Its also quite a steep block but has some ocean views from the top of the block.

This is only for ***** and giggles. But yeh what are your thoughts. No one seems keen at 535k. Could try get them closer to 500.

Build triplex? For what 200-220k each?

Give me some numbers ha.

Here's another, frontage is too narrow though
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-heathridge-117863443

I would have a problem buying land that needs to be rezoned only cos of holding costs. If zoning was already in place and you could work on plans and permits then fine but otherwise you could be $26K+ out of pocket pa ouch.

Yeh frontage to narrow. Under off anyway. Needs demolition of house. Dont think its in proposed R30 area anyway.

Can i ask what holding cost are ect?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how to determine the number of apartments (multiple dwellings) I can build for R30 and above, it's not listed on pg 58

Here is a mock calculation, I have a block 1030sqm and it's zone R60. I could technically built 8 townhouses on the block right? (Assuming that the layout of the land allows its)
But what about for apartments? How would one figure that out?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around how to determine the number of apartments (multiple dwellings) I can build for R30 and above, it's not listed on pg 58

Here is a mock calculation, I have a block 1030sqm and it's zone R60. I could technically built 8 townhouses on the block right? (Assuming that the layout of the land allows its)
But what about for apartments? How would one figure that out?

plot ratio will let you know maximum sqm you can build but how many physical apartments depends on size of apartments, configuration (ie all 1 bedders? mix of 2 and 3 bedders etc) so ultimately comes down to market demand in the area and coming up with a solution that the market wants

it sounds like you may not have done a development before, pls be careful if youre thinking multis for your first one. they come with extra complexity and atm you need to be pretty careful buying at this stage in the cycle, i suspect a fair few people buying recently (over last 6 months or so) will be in for a rude shock

I'm currently waiting to start a simple duplex subdivision work December/January. Not particularly thinking of doing apartments at the moment but just for knowledge sake, it doesn't harm to know right?

Thanks SanJ!

Initially thinking triplex but still trying to understand the zoning and its proposed R30. So ATM my understanding is you could only do 2.

Its also quite a steep block but has some ocean views from the top of the block.

This is only for ***** and giggles. But yeh what are your thoughts. No one seems keen at 535k. Could try get them closer to 500.

Build triplex? For what 200-220k each?

Give me some numbers ha.

Assuming the landscape allows you to do a triplex. And they accept your 500k offer.

With stamp duty and demolition (~50k? Price going up next year due to levy) each block you are looking at 190k, not even taking into account on earthworks (if needed), consulting and bunch of other fees here at there.. So let's say 200k for the land itself.

Then as you mentioned building cost 200k each. Your cost is 400k. From my quick browse of the suburb 400k is the conservative selling price for a similar block.

Therefore no money to be made?
Might be a possibility if you just selling the land by itself, but less appeal to the majority.

Feel free to correct

I'm currently waiting to start a simple duplex subdivision work December/January. Not particularly thinking of doing apartments at the moment but just for knowledge sake, it doesn't harm to know right?

Thanks SanJ!

cool no prob. hope yourduplex goes well!

Yeh frontage to narrow. Under off anyway. Needs demolition of house. Dont think its in proposed R30 area anyway.

You are buying a vacant block of land, I don't see a house??? so you are funding the loan @ $500,000 x 5% minimum $25,000 pa

I admit I am now confused, zoning not in yet, will be R30, so 300 sqm each block allowing 3 villas, end values? what are they???

Site works will kill you, I can see this in the photo, not flat can be very costly, what about limestone in this area??? not sure???

Hold cost is whatever stuff is incurred during the time you kick tenant out (or straight away if its a vacant block) til the new builds are ready to put tenants in. So base it on 12 months (depending on what type of project you're doing) and call it 12 months worth of interest payments, rates etc

You are buying a vacant block of land, I don't see a house??? so you are funding the loan @ $500,000 x 5% minimum $25,000 pa

I admit I am now confused, zoning not in yet, will be R30, so 300 sqm each block allowing 3 villas, end values? what are they???

Site works will kill you, I can see this in the photo, not flat can be very costly, what about limestone in this area??? not sure???
No house.

Lets assume on basis of R30 zoned.

Regards to limestone? Unsure

Are you trying to ask what the soil will be like.for digging?

Assuming the landscape allows you to do a triplex. And they accept your 500k offer.

With stamp duty and demolition (~50k? Price going up next year due to levy) each block you are looking at 190k, not even taking into account on earthworks (if needed), consulting and bunch of other fees here at there.. So let's say 200k for the land itself.

Then as you mentioned building cost 200k each. Your cost is 400k. From my quick browse of the suburb 400k is the conservative selling price for a similar block.

Therefore no money to be made?
Might be a possibility if you just selling the land by itself, but less appeal to the majority.

Feel free to correct

Whats the 190/200k for?

Could split into 2. Sell a 450-465 sqm block for probably in that location for 320-340k. One currently going 300-320k that is a similar size worse part of heathridge (ie not closer to beach/marmion/quality schools/potential ocean views).

Build on other. Do realise maybe 50k for clearing ect. I dont really know how much?

Whats the 190/200k for?

Could split into 2. Sell a 450-465 sqm block for probably in that location for 320-340k. One currently going 300-320k that is a similar size worse part of heathridge (ie not closer to beach/marmion/quality schools/potential ocean views).

Build on other. Do realise maybe 50k for clearing ect. I dont really know how much?

The extra costs would be for any extra cost for surveying, WAPC and landgate subdivision fees, settlement fees etc. Yeah not house for demolition but as MTR said earthworks can be expensive or so I've heard.

The extra costs would be for any extra cost for surveying, WAPC and landgate subdivision fees, settlement fees etc. Yeah not house for demolition but as MTR said earthworks can be expensive or so I've heard.

Or so youve heard? Yet you come up with 200k?

I find that difficult to comprehend.

Back