Perth ugly ducklings??

What I think Hegney is on about here is buying in these areas but something that is unique, not the norm for these areas, ie development sites, renos, rezoning prospects, lower than median price.

Regional south/west still an oversupply IMO, but if one targets unique properties as mentioned above then possibly have a good chance of growth in near future.

Mining towns for me are no go, long term play, very long term play.

I don't really get the article - maybe I'm slow today. How can he classify WHOLE council areas as a hotspot. To name City of Swan, City of Armadale,
City of Rockingham etc etc is hardly hotspotting. Each of those Cities have development going on which naturally increases prices in it.

I like stigma suburbs, because it fades and they become normal suburbs :p

So they are viable for buy and hold strategy. What are some of these suburbs that had been "normalised"? :)

Would tenant issues be harder to manage in the stigma suburbs? I'm guessing issues crop up everywhere, anyway :confused:

So they are viable for buy and hold strategy. What are some of these suburbs that had been "normalised"? :)

Would tenant issues be harder to manage in the stigma suburbs? I'm guessing issues crop up everywhere, anyway :confused:

Since you're in WA, for examples look at Balga, Craigie, Thornlie to an extent.

Which suburbs would you guys suggest? I'm trying to nail down a few to start monitoring, whilst I continue my IP education on SS :D

I think I have at least $300k equity on my PPOR, just based on median price and loan outstanding.

Since you're in WA, for examples look at Balga, Craigie, Thornlie to an extent.

Thanks Dave. We used to rent in Canning Vale, when we first migrated here 8 years ago. Thornlie certainly had a stigma.

Btw Thrones is one of our fave shows. Waiting for next season! :)

Which suburbs would you guys suggest? I'm trying to nail down a few to start monitoring, whilst I continue my IP education on SS :D

I think I have at least $300k equity on my PPOR, just based on median price and loan outstanding.

How much is actually usable though?

Say (PPOR Value x 90%) minus current outstandings

Only really looking in Perth to buy?

How much is actually usable though?

Say (PPOR Value x 90%) minus current outstandings

Only really looking in Perth to buy?
Dave, I'm so clueless that I don't know what you mean by usable. We can't use all the equity in PPOR?

I think I'd better stick to perth for the first IP (see...I'm optimistic that there will be more than 1 :D )

Dave, I'm so clueless that I don't know what you mean by usable. We can't use all the equity in PPOR?

I think I'd better stick to perth for the first IP (see...I'm optimistic that there will be more than 1 :D )

Heres what i mean by usable.

Lets say your PPOR is worth $800k and your current loan is $500k. Some people think they have $300k equity to play with. They're wrong.

If you were instead going to borrow up to 90% of $800k gives $720k, minus the $500k already owing gives $220k as usable equity to play with. Get the $500k and $220k as separate loan accounts. Why? Because the latter will be tax deductible :)

So now you have $220K to go play with. Ignoring LMI fees and Stamp Duty fees for a second, you could use that as 10% deposit on $2mil worth of property, or 20% deposit on $1mil worth of property, depending on what you're trying to achieve.

That $1mil (or $2mil!) might comprise of 1 x $1mil property or 10 x $100k properties, or anywhere in between, again depending on what you're trying to achieve.

Just showing you a simplified look at what some of the roads look like - you still have to choose the destination and estimated time of arrival, yourself :)

Heres what i mean by usable.

Lets say your PPOR is worth $800k and your current loan is $500k. Some people think they have $300k equity to play with. They're wrong.

If you were instead going to borrow up to 90% of $800k gives $720k, minus the $500k already owing gives $220k as usable equity to play with. Get the $500k and $220k as separate loan accounts. Why? Because the latter will be tax deductible :)

That is cool!

So now you have $220K to go play with. Ignoring LMI fees and Stamp Duty fees for a second, you could use that as 10% deposit on $2mil worth of property, or 20% deposit on $1mil worth of property, depending on what you're trying to achieve.

Oh wow! Such big numbers....exciting!! :D

That $1mil (or $2mil!) might comprise of 1 x $1mil property or 10 x $100k properties, or anywhere in between, again depending on what you're trying to achieve.

I'm guessing it's faster to go the 10 x $100k route to build wealth. Now where can I find those cheapy properties in Perth? :rolleyes:

Just showing you a simplified look at what some of the roads look like - you still have to choose the destination and estimated time of arrival, yourself :)

I need to learn faster! :D

Spot on.

A few years ago, I was informed that my loan capability is $700k, but I could only service $300k due to my income.

Rocko and Kwinana are dead ducks. Oversupply, limited finances for a majority of the suburbanites means prices will stay suppressed for a long time yet. Great yields though...

Westminster is right. You can't classify a whole council as potential.

Back