Peter Spann 1 Day Investor Update

sonic said:
Hi Darren,

Thanks for your detailed post its very clear now. I wasn't clear from the PDS what the sell level actually is it wasn't specified. I.e. I can calculate the knockout level from day one if i know the market interest rate. What is the sell level it only says its above this.

I agree with your point regarding its unlikely to breach the knockout level. However in a market downturn lets say 10%, it would breach the sell curve and a bulk of the investment will be in fixed interest thus significantly reducing overall portfolio returns. And this will remain until the market recovers (which may not be possible in the7 year time period) as the manager will lose money if they liquidate their stocks. So basically u could have 60% of the fund in stocks 40% in fixed interest however because the stocks aren't returning much (i guess u still get the covered call income from them) the overall return would be lower.

Thanks for your time.

Dear Sonic,

Yes you are conceptually right with your possible scenario however the probability of it occurring right at the beginning of the fund is very low.

Darren Brind
Freeman Fox Ltd

Just adding a bit of levity... watching tele at the moment, and Jane suggested Super Nanny would be an interesting date for Peter.........well, it made me laugh...

thefirstbruce said:
Just adding a bit of levity... watching tele at the moment, and Jane suggested Super Nanny would be an interesting date for Peter.........well, it made me laugh...

TFB, that behaviour is unacceptable (pronounce "unasseptable").:D

Now you are going to sit in the naughty corner..... :p

Cheers,

The Y-man

The Y-man said:
Now you are going to sit in the naughty corner..... :p
The Y-man

hehehehehe.....can you believe how bad these kids get.....and where the hell their Mum's head has been at????

Seriously though, Supernanny has profound lessons to teach....and I respect her sweetass..... :D

thefirstbruce said:

Umm, while I AM single at the moment Super Nanny is not my type. Have you seen the girls I have dated? :p BTW if there is any forumite who has a serious suggestion on who I should date (eveybody in Brisbane gets married at the age of 18) I would be happy to hear it! :D

Peter Spann said:
Umm, while I AM single at the moment
Hmm. I would hope that you are not single because you are on an internet forum at this time of evening... perhaps on this forum because you are single? (and waiting up for the soccer).

geoffw said:
Hmm. I would hope that you are not single because you are on an internet forum at this time of evening... perhaps on this forum because you are single? (and waiting up for the soccer).

Ha Ha !

More like "b".

In fact I am single because I let the most important person in my life slip through my fingers while vascilating - if only I was as good at relationships as I am at investing!

Peter Spann said:
In fact I am single because I let the most important person in my life slip through my fingers while vascilating - if only I was as good at relationships as I am at investing!
Ain't it the truth.

Many of us are here because we've done OK in investing.

(I'm here because you changed my mindset, at pointed me towards investment. Thank you. It's worked really well for me).

But, like many people anywhere, I'm not good at relationships.

After a weekend away, I was upset with MrsW- for a very very minor point, where she had kept a business and a family running extremely well for the weekend. That's with 5 sporting events over 2 days, up to 30km apart, and a fast food business where we had a lot of staffing problems (which included a firing). She has done fantastically- and all I did was get upset about a small minor matter.

Peter, you might wish to try:

http://www.valentiinternational.com/

I sure would if I had the funds!

I also do a little relationship coaching on the side, so if anyone would like a few ideas & processes which will help you in all forms of relationship, just let me know.

I guarantee my work, so if you don't like what we do together, you don't pay.

I don't have all the answers, but I can help you find your own, with a little help ...

Ok, enough advertising :)

Ed

Well its comforting to know that a wealthy successful man is also single. I thought it was just me! :(

RJ

emw said:
I also do a little relationship coaching on the side, so if anyone would like a few ideas & processes which will help you in all forms of relationship, just let me know.

Thanks Ed, I have a relationships coach and she's terrific!

Delighted to hear it! Sometimes all it takes is a fresh perspective or a new idea. Well, it can be an old idea, as long as it's new to US. I guess that's why we're all such dedicated learners ...

Ed

p.s. have you read 'the language of love'? It's a great book, very simple but profoundly useful.

Guys rather than traul though 21 pages of this thread, could someone please point me to a URL which has all the next seminar dates/times and venues on it?

ive just been over to ffox.com.au and am clicking in circles!

RJ

emw said:
Delighted to hear it! Sometimes all it takes is a fresh perspective or a new idea. Well, it can be an old idea, as long as it's new to US. I guess that's why we're all such dedicated learners ...
p.s. have you read 'the language of love'? It's a great book, very simple but profoundly useful.

Maybe I have come accross too desparate - I have plenty of people who want to date me - I am just taking a breather.

ramone_johnny said:
Guys rather than traul though 21 pages of this thread, could someone please point me to a URL which has all the next seminar dates/times and venues on it?

ive just been over to ffox.com.au and am clicking in circles!

RJ

The new calandar will be on the web site in about 2 weeks.

Peter - Your new Book

Peter,

Just a question in regards to your book that you have completed concerning Shares/Options. Have you an update when it will be published and available in the bookshops?

Thanks,

GlennM.

thefirstbruce said:
I am interested in tracking the performance of the Macq-Newton Multistrategy fund discussed on this thread. Would someone who invested in it mind posting its performance to date, and whether that betters the performance of the MQ Multi-Strategy Fund at
http://personal.macquarie.com.au/pe...ive_investments/mq/historical_performance.htm

The product is listed in the table on your link.
It is the one called MQ Mutli-Strategy Capital Protected Series 1.

Cheers,

The Y-man

Back