Peter Spann at S.I.G - 9 November

Hi Bruham,

I just read the example that you mentioned. It is on page 32.

Although the writer uses the term "I" when she talks about her property investing, she does not actually state that she is a single mother only that she is a mother at home with kids. She may have a husband or partner who is the proverbial bread winner. This would explain how she was able to borrow the money.

Robyne

GeoffW again,
Sorry I lost the plot, One daughter yelling for help, needed help trying to fix her dressingroom table. I ended up doing the whole thing.

The lost plot. How could you borrow this amount of cash, not working so no income. Plus low rent return? To me this just doesn't add up.No servicability to the banks.
What I read of Peter Spann's book reminds me of Rich Dad, Poor Dad author, a fairy tale.
A wealthy "friend" as your teacher.No names no details.
My thoughts.

bruham. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jerry Maguire said:
Hi Ani,

I would like to thank you for getting Peter to say YES to come to talk to people on this forum
and Peter for being able to make it

It is so funny and it happens all the time
When you organize a monthly meeting there is only the regulars that turn up
and all of sudden you get Peter Spann to come along as a speaker
you get every tom dick and harry and sally saying yes 2 more or even 3 more

don't you feel great when they say that Ani?

Well done Ani

Regards
Jerry

Good Point Jerry

Now might be a good time to anounce Ani and I have a secret agenda related to Peter's visit. :eek:

That is, we have agreed to use this meeting as an opportunity to poll (not pole) the group on what they would like to see presented, talked about, argued at SIG.

We want to keep it informal, free and open but we want a little more response than the usual 12 or so and to do so we need to find out what the people want. :confused:

So to all those coming put your thinking caps on :rolleyes: . After Peter Spann what else would you like to see?

More HERO's talking about how they started, what they did right and wrong? We could get Brenda or See Change? :D

EXPERTS on structure such as Trusts, companies, your will etc. Dale fancy a visit to Sydney? :eek:

DEBATES on say, where the economy/market is going? We have Pitt St resident economist ;)

Even....

DYI on IP renos and quick fixes for more CG and rental.

or simply the

BASICS what is NG, CGT, PPOR, TRUSTS, IRR. :)

and lastly

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT SIG AND ONLY COMING FOR PETER :mad: in which case we will respect the democracy and bugger off.

Start thinking for Tuesday.

Peter (not Spann) 147

Peter 147 said:
Good Point Jerry

Now might be a good time to anounce Ani and I have a secret agenda related to Peter's visit. :eek:

That is, we have agreed to use this meeting as an opportunity to poll (not pole) the group on what they would like to see presented, talked about, argued at SIG.

We want to keep it informal, free and open but we want a little more response than the usual 12 or so and to do so we need to find out what the people want. :confused:

So to all those coming put your thinking caps on :rolleyes: . After Peter Spann what else would you like to see?

More HERO's talking about how they started, what they did right and wrong? We could get Brenda or See Change? :D

EXPERTS on structure such as Trusts, companies, your will etc. Dale fancy a visit to Sydney? :eek:

DEBATES on say, where the economy/market is going? We have Pitt St resident economist ;)

Even....

DYI on IP renos and quick fixes for more CG and rental.

or simply the

BASICS what is NG, CGT, PPOR, TRUSTS, IRR. :)

and lastly

WE DON'T CARE ABOUT SIG AND ONLY COMING FOR PETER :mad: in which case we will respect the democracy and bugger off.

Start thinking for Tuesday.

Peter (not Spann) 147

Hi Peter147,

Will the opinions of a couple of Melbournians (who are admittedly flying up specifically to see Peter S. :D ) count? Anyway, looking forward to putting some faces to the names. :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

G'day aceyducey, Robyne and Peter Spann,
Acey, if the deposits are 5% then mortgage insurance would be involved. This would increase her borrowings even more. Or less house for your money. Still doesn't sit right to me.

Robyne, you're probably right, but she still borrowed one amount and she covered too much property for such a small borrowing.
I only read two or three postings before I posted. Saturday was bedlem around here. I shouldn't have sneaked two minutes on the website.If I had read more posts I would have directed the question to Peter Spann. I didn't know he posted here.
Hello Mr Peter Spann. If you're still reading, a few years ago I laid my hands on one of your video tapes. Watched it once, loaned to a friend who loaned to some one else who "lost" it.
If I could remember the tape I might EVEN buy it. Believe me I HATE SPENDING MONEY. No books, no seminars, no nothing. Not much good to you!

bruham. :eek:

The Y-man said:
Hi Peter147,

Will the opinions of a couple of Melbournians (who are admittedly flying up specifically to see Peter S. :D ) count? Anyway, looking forward to putting some faces to the names. :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

Actually yes. If half the room is full of blow in then I think my last option WE DONT CARE ABOUT SIG is looking the winner.

Any of these blows in the city and needing a lift to Glebe?

PM me I have three seats free.

Peter 147

Peter 147 said:
Actually yes. If half the room is full of blow in then I think my last option WE DONT CARE ABOUT SIG is looking the winner.

Any of these blows in the city and needing a lift to Glebe?

PM me I have three seats free.

Peter 147

Damn, would have liked a ride in your car. As it is, we'll be shacking up around the corner from the pub, so we'll saunter down. Thanks for the offer though! :)

Cheers,

The Y-man

As the driver of a car from Canberra, I'd prefer to keep local business to a minimum- especially with a speaker like Peter. How about a brief run down of the options, asking for volunteers for a smaller committee? I suspect there's too many people there to really achieve much on the night.

geoffw said:
As the driver of a car from Canberra, I'd prefer to keep local business to a minimum- especially with a speaker like Peter. How about a brief run down of the options, asking for volunteers for a smaller committee? I suspect there's too many people there to really achieve much on the night.

Don't worry Geoff - it will be a 30 sec intro so people know who Peter 147 is, before PS starts!!

Just a reminder that it is on tomorrow night!!

Now, the room is totally full..........if you haven't replied to this thread or PM'd me, I'm sorry but you will not get in.

I went to see Peter yesterday in Sydney, for the "Wealth Club update". There was a lot of good stuff there, I learnt a lot, and came away with a number of new ideas- though not much in property.

I'm looking forward to seeing him again tomorrow.

Snobbed me then did you?

geoffw said:
I went to see Peter yesterday in Sydney, for the "Wealth Club update". There was a lot of good stuff there, I learnt a lot, and came away with a number of new ideas- though not much in property.

I'm looking forward to seeing him again tomorrow.
Soooooooooo, I'm not good enough for you now you are popular hey? Didn't come up and say hello... Noooooooooooooooooooo! sniff, sob.

A better read may have produced a better outcome

bruham said:
Some one at work left Peter Spann's new book on his desk. I grabbed it for a very quick stickey,(read).Flipping through the pages.
In the first two dozen pages,or so, he uses an example something like this.
"single mother,AT HOME, using equity in her home,borrows on a LOC loan
One hundred and forty thousand dollars. Buys THREE properties, PLUS twenty-five thousand dollars for each reno. Rents low for safety of having tenants. Each property is in the mid three hundred thousand dollar price range.
My brain starts saying HOLD-ON some thing's not right here.
Amazingly I don't carry a copy of my own book with me everywhere and as I am in Sydney can't read it.
But if you were to read the book in totality I think you would find that:
a. All the client stories are true;
b. They have all been verified by us with the client
I think the story you refer to is a young woman called Fiona in Melbourne. She is very real and a popular success story who still attends my seminars. She has a husband, 3 children and supportive parents and is doing very well.
Hope this helps.
Maybe you should borrow the book for a full read?
PS

Peter Spann said:
Soooooooooo, I'm not good enough for you now you are popular hey? Didn't come up and say hello... Noooooooooooooooooooo! sniff, sob.
My deepest and profoundest apologies Peter.

It was an excellent presentation- I would not have expected any less of course. But I did arrive late and left early- even that was under a cloud, as MrsW and the 2 kidlets had arrived home just the day before after six weeks away. And during the lunch break I was talking with a most helpful member of your staff (Michael from the Sydney office).

But popular? If only...

Peter Spann said:
I think the story you refer to is a young woman called Fiona in Melbourne
I think the one being referred to is by a Caroline in Queensland, on page 32.

Summarising, it says:

- Mum at home with 2 kids (doesn't say single, but no mention of hubby)
- $140K LOC on home for $276K property and $25K reno
- Valued at $335K four weeks later
- Five months later, bought $265K with $25K reno
- Valued at $360K four weeks later
- Two months later, bought $310K with $12K reno
- Then valued at $390K

Cheers,
GP

Client Story

OK, well that's not one that I am familiar with but given the timing (time in the cycle and figures involved) I am happy it would be possible.
Excellent admitedly, but possible.
And as I mentioned all the stories were verified as correct by the publisher (not sure of the methodology they used but they did check them).
Cheers
PS

Peter Spann said:
Movie star, movie star ar ar ar, you think you are a movie staaaaaar !
Ah Peter. You are an excellent speaker. A shame about that singing voice you've just demonstrated :D

Looking forward to tomorrow night!

Hi all,

Peter,

If a story is in your book, that you authored, how come your not familiar with it?? Did you actually write it??

I actually have a question for you as well. You mentioned(in your book) that your early loans were at 11% whereas others could get them for 7%. This was when you were beginning in the very early 90's, care to mention which year??
My recollection was that interest rates were quite high in the early 90's and didnot go below 10% until 94-95.??

bye

Back