Peter Spann at S.I.G - 9 November

All I can say is wow!!
Thanks to Peter Spann for taking time out of his busy schedule and flying down from Brissie :) - and talking for 2 hours without a sip of water!!
Thanks to Ani and Peter147 for organising this. :)
Peter has certainly made me rethink some of my strategies in regards to investing (and made me feel better about some of my other strategies too!!). :D :D

Hello Peter Spann,
Thank you for replying to my post, refering to page 32 of your book. It still has me puzzled, but your comment that I should borrow the book, I did one better, I bought a copy. As I don't seem to have much time to read, I have managed to get to the insurance chapter(I hate insurance salesmen).
At this point of the book, it would have to compare it with the best of these kinds of books that I've read. I'm enjoying reading every page.

bruham.

Hi Bruham

Insurance salesman .............hmmmmmmm. I dont sell the stuff but I found it very gut wrenching when a client of mine lost his 32 year old wife.

She was uninsured because she was the non-earning spouse. Now Mr has to support 2 childcare costs on a wage of 65 k a year.

For a few bob a week they could have had her covered for term life of 500 000.

I often have the displeasure of discussing the merits of risk with clients, and them arguing that they cant afford this or that. No long term client of mine gets away without some range of decent risk covers. Insurance of all sorts is in most cases a needed investment.

Sometimes we might want to be careful with the seeds our generalisations sow............

ta

rolf

I think you said a mouthful there Rolf......

If I was laying on my deathbed now and I had a young family(which I do), I am pretty sure I wouldn't be thinking 'I wish I'd spent more time at work'. However, equally, it would give me a lot of piece of mind to know that my wife and children would be ok financially. The loss of a young parent would obviously be bad enough without adding all the pressures of a financially bad situation to the mix.

:)

Back