Peter Spann Strategy, anyone made it?

you cant use the chart with ASX200 as the comparison, you have to use the accumulation indexes so you are matching apples with apples.
The ASX200 doesnt include dividends, and dividends in most markets comprise a SIGNIFICANT % of total long term returns.

With respect I can use whatever chart I want as you and everybody else in here does regularly.

The Company's portfolio is benchmarked against the ASX 200 so it IS the most appropriate chart to use.

Again this was covered in another thread that you have participated in.

With respect I can use whatever chart I want as you and everybody else in here does regularly.

The Company's portfolio is benchmarked against the ASX 200 so it IS the most appropriate chart to use.

Again this was covered in another thread that you have participated in.

Yes but other posters here are not running financial organisations for profit, whereby they encourage people to invest in their products.

You know fully well that its misleading to compare the NTA of FXI (which includes any dividends you receive from share investments) with the ASX200 which doesnt include dividends.
If you take the period out long enough, say dividends are 5%, then over a period of 10 years the difference would be more than 50%. So sure an investor in your listed investment vehicle might have out performed the ASX200 index by 50% assuming all other factors equal, but he could have done that just as easily by buying into an index share fund which has much lower fees than FXI.

I also noticed in your disclosure document released on 28/3/07 to the ASX you when you were listing for units, that you used the
'Movement of Comparison of NTA position & S&P/ASX300 Accumulation Index' Chart 2.

You know fully well that its misleading to compare the NTA of FXI (which includes any dividends you receive from share investments) with the ASX200 which doesnt include dividends.

That is just your opinion and no more.

This topic has been fully debated in other threads (as recently as last week) and it is easy for people to find.

It is just silly to reiterate everything again here and I don't intend to repeat myself.

I have read nothing in this thread that prompts me to change my mind about financial advisers.

And that's perfectly fine because it is not my goal to convert you! It's people in the forum who seem obsessed by what I do for a living, not me.

But the question that started the thread was "does the strategy work"?

Following the strategy (which you can do without ever becoming a client) and being a client are two entirely separate things.

As I say over and over again the people in this forum (DIY Property Investors) are not our target market. That does not invalidate the service we provide to our clients.

We love our clients and hopefully they get value from our service.

My goal in participating in this forum is to contribute to the knowledge around investing like everybody else.

My goal in participating in this forum is to contribute to the knowledge around investing like everybody else.

Given the constraints on your time (I'm sure you do more than click the mouse a couple of times a day, as you tell it in your presentations), the effort you put into sharing your knowledge with us is greatly appreciated!! Thanks Peter.

Given the constraints on your time (I'm sure you do more than click the mouse a couple of times a day, as you tell it in your presentations), the effort you put into sharing your knowledge with us is greatly appreciated!! Thanks Peter.

I’ll second that, and I’ll not a client and never will be. But this guy is adding a lot of interesting commentary whilst being your higher than average poppy in a field full of chain saw armed property investors! Brave and thick skinned too it seems.

You should always listen to advice, but you don't always have to take it.

RC

its like with everything, you get advise from several sources, and then make your own choice on what you use.

Peter has had some good ideas, but he has also had some bad ones.

however the people I know who did his seminars 10 years ago, certainly haven't retired in 7 years time as claimed possible back then.

its like with everything, you get advise from several sources, and then make your own choice on what you use.

Peter has had some good ideas, but he has also had some bad ones.

however the people I know who did his seminars 10 years ago, certainly haven't retired in 7 years time as claimed possible back then.

Which goes to show yet again it is a numbers game and the whole property guru world is quite comparable to the old pyramid schemes, whether or not they in fact realise this is a matter for thier own conscience.
The whole effectiveness of your strategy completely relies on your own knowledge/wealth/time/luck paradym which in the end is a very tricky balancing act and in most cases almost impossible to acheive when all is said and done.
In a perfect world I guess anyone has the abilities to be rich but at what cost in time/health/freindships/family life etc?.
Everyone can`t be rich, that is a fact and to keep it once you`ve earned it is even tougher.
Just my opinion.

If we were all rich property investors thered be no tenants.

everyone has their place in this world.

as for your success, anything can be archived, all you need to do is be committed and have a plan withd backup plans a b c d

Which goes to show yet again it is a numbers game and the whole property guru world is quite comparable to the old pyramid schemes, whether or not they in fact realise this is a matter for thier own conscience.
The whole effectiveness of your strategy completely relies on your own knowledge/wealth/time/luck paradym which in the end is a very tricky balancing act and in most cases almost impossible to acheive when all is said and done.
In a perfect world I guess anyone has the abilities to be rich but at what cost in time/health/freindships/family life etc?.
Everyone can`t be rich, that is a fact and to keep it once you`ve earned it is even tougher.
Just my opinion.

Just my opinion.

Been rich doesn't = happiness and satisfaction.

Chasing riches is like chasing the wind.

chasing riches at the cost of family, friends, health etc is foolish.

If we were all rich property investors thered be no tenants.

everyone has their place in this world.

why can't everyone enjoy wealth and prosperity?

Greed = having more than your entitled to, which leads to having to trample on people to get ahead.

If people were not so focused on been rich and trying to accumulate more and more during their life time, the world would be a better place.

Been rich doesn't = happiness and satisfaction.
Yes, but being poor does not = happiness and satisfaction either.
On balance rich people are more happy and satisfied than poor people. BUT their are plenty of rich people who you would not want to swap places with. Just as their are poor people.

Chasing riches is like chasing the wind.
Yes. You should not set your heart on riches, "they mount up with wings". By helping people achieve their own destinies (sometimes in relation to PI this means providing a nice home for a tenant), sometimes in the process you get rich along the way.

chasing riches at the cost of family, friends, health etc is foolish.
Yes, you need to stop and count the cost But that is no excuse for inaction on the things you can do IMO.

why can't everyone enjoy wealth and prosperity?
They can.... but in practice it is not going to happen. The poor you will have with you always, to quote Someone famous :)

Greed = having more than your entitled to, which leads to having to trample on people to get ahead.
No, greed is the desire to have more than you're entitled to (whatever that may be?). Plenty of greedy poor people around.

If people were not so focused on been rich and trying to accumulate more and more during their life time, the world would be a better place.
Probably....

Agree with Propertunity.

Also who said it had to be an "either" ..... " or" scenario. Rather than this or that, I like to approach my pursuits from the perspective of "this and that" .

In addition to knowledge (people doing Peter Spann's seminars 10 years ago and not retiring rich in seven years), one needs to take intelligent action. Knowledge applied yields results. People also need to be flexible to change and refine the strategies they employ as market conditions change. The author's and/or educator's we learn from and use to guide us, are not responsible for our actions and eventual re$ult$. We are.

We cannot change the wind, however we can change ourselves by setting a different sail.

Yes, but being poor does not = happiness and satisfaction either.
On balance rich people are more happy and satisfied than poor people. BUT their are plenty of rich people who you would not want to swap places with. Just as their are poor people.

So your telling me there are no happy poor people? Last time I checked, australia - which is a rich country - has one of the highest youth suicide rates in the world.. why is that?

From what I see, rich people make sacrifices in family time, and miss out on family, kids growing up etc.. if they think driving a BMW can make them happier, then they are only fooling themselves.

Yes, you need to stop and count the cost But that is no excuse for inaction on the things you can do IMO.

living comfortably or been 'rich' are two different things.. You can work, save, invest, and live a reasonable lifestyle and be very happy and content.. you might also have a job which you love, and even helps others in the community... going the next step where you need to be ruthless in business, never see your family, cause damage to your marriage, and miss out on your kids growing up will not = happiness and satisfaction.

I think you will find living a simple lifestyle will be a more rewarding lifestyle than been a stressed out businessman.. I'm sure Peter Spann has lost far more sleep over the last 18 months, than someone else working part time enjoying the simple things in life..

In addition to knowledge (people doing Peter Spann's seminars 10 years ago and not retiring rich in seven years), one needs to take intelligent action. Knowledge applied yields results. People also need to be flexible to change and refine the strategies they employ as market conditions change. The author's and/or educator's we learn from and use to guide us, are not responsible for our actions and eventual re$ult$. We are.

We cannot change the wind, however we can change ourselves by setting a different sail.

I think the fundamental basics will never change.. building up your wealth is simple.. that = putting aside a % of your income each week into growth assets.. this includes business (direct or indirect) property etc..

These complex schemes like options, multi-strategy funds, hedge funds etc is just a way for brokers or advisers to extract money from the investor.. they dont offer any better advise than a simple investment strategy in buying quality assets.. there is no guarantee they will out perform non-recommended investments.

They might be beneficial to someone who needs a 'wealth coach' to encourage someone who may not act otherwise, but as far us them making recommendations which will outperform in the longer term is more of chance than anything else..

You can be poor and happy. We're poor and happy ;)

It really is a tradeoff in time vs money. For instance, we like our food. We can't really afford to buy fancy stuff and eat out (not that there is a huge variety here but hey, someone enterprising just opened up a restaurant and we haven't been there yet) but we have lots of time to make really, really nice food at home.

Course you'd never know it cos we're 4 skinny buggers ... even the cat is skinny lol

Back