Phobias

Howdy everyone!

Loving the warm 36 degrees we have here over in the west. On to the topic, who here has any phobias? For me, I reckon its spiders. Those little S*** just gets to me. I don't mind handling snakes, cockroaches and other wiggly things. But man do I get the phobias when I see a massive fat black house spider latched onto my patio.

No phobias for me. Not even superstitious. No siree. Just hope my saying this doesn't jinx me. Touch wood lol.

Arachnophobia is pretty common. As are fear of heights (acrophobia), fear of needles (trypanophobia)...

I don't suffer from any of those.

I think I have one that might be hard to top though, I had ligyrophobia (fear of sudden loud noises, like balloons popping) growing up, and still do to a small degree even now. Someone made the mistake of hosting a surprise party for me when I was a kid and put balloons all over the room.

Arachnophobia is pretty common. As are fear of heights (acrophobia), fear of needles (trypanophobia)...

I don't suffer from any of those.

I think I have one that might be hard to top though, I had ligyrophobia (fear of sudden loud noises, like balloons popping) growing up, and still do to a small degree even now. Someone made the mistake of hosting a surprise party for me when I was a kid and put balloons all over the room.

Does that include lightning?

As long as I owned my own place, which I do, I could very easily live on the aged pension alone, so no such phobia for me.

While this may not apply to you, when many peops talk of living on the aged pension .......... and combine it with the concept of easy ( I assume meaning comfortable) , its often like one of my mentors says ................

You aint old yet.

The cost of good quality medical care and in home support isnt small

ta
rolf

I have an abject fear of the thought of going to a public toilet barefoot (particularly one with wet floors! yechhh!!). I have nightmare about it.

Must be some throwback to some event as a kid I've wiped from my memory......

The Y-man

I trust you don't celebrate with popping a bubbly! :)

The Y-man

Or letting out a lard rip:D But in all seriousness, it can be debilitating. I have to correct myself in saying that I don't really have a phobia of spiders (looked up the true definition), but I can say I don't like the thought of touching one. Furry, large ones are ok, not the smaller ones (weird I know).

I have an abject fear of the thought of going to a public toilet barefoot (particularly one with wet floors! yechhh!!). I have nightmare about it.

What about dropping a piece of your favorite food there and contemplating applying the three second rule as to whether you should pick it up and finish it off?

What about dropping a piece of your favorite food there and contemplating applying the three second rule as to whether you should pick it up and finish it off?

I'll do it for 10mil and knowing the fact that no one will ever find out :):D

Actually, I have more generally mysophobia.

The toilet thing is a particular way it manifests in my nightmares.

For instance, dog owners will be fascinated by how I act near friendly dogs - I'll think they're cute etc, will happily have them on a leash, but if I touch them, I'll need to go and wash my hands.

Having said that, finding a small spider tangled up in my hair after a walk through the garden is no big deal.

On the food example, if I dropped an apple into a rubbish bin - would I fish it out, wash it and eat it? There was a time I would never do it - these days gotten over that one.,,,, as long as it is straight away!!

The Y-man

Back