Phone scam

Hi champions,

just got off the phone after a very enjoyable (for me) conversation with a guy representing a company offering an investment seminar down our way in Mornington.

I think the name of the company was Trent properties, or Trent Developments or something like that.

Now, the scary thing is this;

First, I asked him what he was selling, and he said "nothing; it's investment advice".

After I told him I am an experienced investor and didn't need his help, he then asked; "are you aware of the Govt $100k rental incentive?"

I said no, and tell me more.

He explained that if you buy an IP you are eligible for the $100k.

I said surely you would need to qualify for this? He said no; everyone is eligible.

I said I'd never heard of it, and why hasn't the Gubbmint announced it?

I then asked; "do you work for the Govt?" and he tried to tell me he did in a round about way.

I then asked; "which govt dept do you work for?" - he was vague again.

I then asked; "why doesn't the govt call me themselves to let me know" - he was vague again.

I finally asked; "who actually pays you?"

He said Trent whatever their name is.

So, beware of this load of BS going around the traps boys and girls.

I told him I am an experienced investor and didn't need his help,.

LOL love those "experienced investors"

some even carry actual business cards that say "investor" I get them at open inspections all the time. so funny.....

I can't comment on the suspected phone scam thing because I have no idea what you are talking about but I just love that comment.

There used to be a mob in Wollongong that went by the name of Park Trent. Was it them? I heard all sorts of things about them in the past, but can't remember now. Wollongong wasn't the only office and I think they speciallised in OTP.

Here, I found this mob
http://www.parktrent.com.au/propert...country-realty.aspx?widget=property&state=vic

Wouldn't be suprised if it's that mob.

Went to one of their seminars in Melbourne for the laughs a couple of years back.

They were flogging tiny 1br OTPs near Knox City for the price of a full-sized surburban house.

They assumed greater audience stupidity than your average spruiker and make the Investors 'Club' look good.

some even carry actual business cards that say "investor" I get them at open inspections all the time. so funny.....

never done it myself but i can understand why people do it, if u go to 10-20 ofi in one day u get mighty sick of giving ur number every time and also not having to stand within a metre of the agent while they take down the details also reduces the chances of fleas :)

i bet he did not have a the required qualifications to provide investment advice?
sounds too as if he was trying to sell/promote a NRAS property?

we avoid cold callers where possible.

I have friends and rellies I want to hear from. No big deal, just hang up if you don't want to talk. I even gave up abusin em.

I've been noticing a higher number of telemarketing calls coming through to the mobile. What I've been planning to do is associate all my contacts with a specific group, then give the group a specific ring tone.

The normal ring tone could be a short muted bip that can hardly be heard.
That way, I am only prompted to answer calls from known contacts and everything else goes to message bank after not being answered.

Has anyone set something up like this?

This has Park Trent written all over it, I dare say they are now flogging off the NRAS properties, obviously the serviced apts have run dry.

A search on the site will uncover more about them

Jezza

I can't comment on the suspected phone scam thing because I have no idea what you are talking about but I just love that comment.

This isn't cool?

hehe i've never heard of that before, does seem abit tardy. But it does seem to have them stick in your mind more then the people who don't give them

Regards,

RH

They must be hitting the Mornington Peninsula at the moment, I'm getting about one call a week with this and seems to be a different group every time.

I just grill them until they admit they are just telemarketers and someone who knows more will get back to me!

JC

If you're getting a call a week from the same company I'm willing to wager your number found it's way onto the sheet they're using in their training room.

Back