Photos

Two questions...

1. Do the kids (and dogs) come with the house?
2. Anybody want to meet me at the table just past the archway for a cuppa? :D (You'll need to bring your own chair.)

Actually, I also want to know what that black round thing is that the photographer took the photos through, and clearly thought was "artistic"?

Assuming it was an old fashioned fish-eye lens.

What awful photos! As if that barren, tatty play area is going to make me buy! And what's with the kid asleep on the couch, and the other kid looking constipated on the chair.

cringe .... please ... I want to see photos OF THE HOUSE

That's funny, for sale by owner,

Yep, can't blame the agent for these photos :rolleyes:
They obviously had no idea what sells a house - where are the kitchen photos and the bathroom etc.?
Looks like they are unwittingly advertising their kids (and their address for goodness sake!!) for weirdos who prey on that sort of thing. Dumb as.

Here's one with a subsidence problem

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/Apartment-Unit-Flat/VIC/Ballarat/?adid=2009393413

Having spent the last three months looking for a property in Ballarat I have been amazed at how little effort the agents put into photos. OK to get the property up on the web you may have to make do with a grey pic taken through the rain, but please make a note to go back and take a better one on a sunny morning or afternoon (depending on orientation). I have now bought and one of the encouragements was a good set of pics that did the property justice without being misleading.

Photos of kids etc. are by owners putting up their own listings and paying a small fee to one of the new "portal agents" to get their properties on real-estate.com.au without using a traditional agency method.

The 'agents' don't actually do any of the photography or word the ads and most of them are interstate to the properties being advertised. It's all DIY and with the same patchy results you come to expect from DIY Weekend Warriors or Bunnings Bumpkins who have no bloody idea of what they're doing, but they think it's all really grouse 'cause they DIYd!!

These entrepreneurial internet agencies don't seem to have any standards in terms of quality of photos or wording of adverts. They're essentially the next evolution of the 'By Owner' & 'No Agent' prototypes but they have an agency subscription to RE.com.au to get the advertising exposure which the others don't have.

Expect this type of thing to be the norm in years to come; it is a fledgling industry and it will be interesting to see how long the bigger national agencies put up with it; for all these years they've had RE.com.au to themselves and it was strictly agents only.

Can't wait for more Adelaide listings to go up, it'll be like sifting through photo albums of 'swamp people' with their pet pit bulls & ugg boots in the shots. Oh, and all the babies will have mullets!!

Ian.

What's your problem

Hey mate, what's your problem with Adelaide. I have noticed that you take many opportunities to have a go. It is very funny coming from a Power (swampy) supporter(to others he will know what that means) but we get used to that. Hervey Bay, isn't that where you go when Noosa etc is out of reach. I do know as I spent 2 weeks in Hervey 1 day. LOL.

Hey mate, what's your problem with Adelaide. I have noticed that you take many opportunities to have a go. It is very funny coming from a Power (swampy) supporter(to others he will know what that means) but we get used to that. Hervey Bay, isn't that where you go when Noosa etc is out of reach. I do know as I spent 2 weeks in Hervey 1 day. LOL.

Settle down Adelaideian, put the gator back in the pond. It's called taking the p*ss. But seeing as though you've asked:

Lived in Adelaide for 27 years, have seen a lot of the country since - WA, NSW, Qld, NT, Vic - haven't been to Tassie or spent significant time in Canberra.

Each time i've gone back to Adelaide for family or property development reasons the place just keeps going backwards.

The fact is the state has not had a visionary Premier and cabinet since Don Dunstans' days; even Dean Brown came in and tried to get the place moving, but failed miserably.

As for all the recent polly propaganda regarding resource sector growth whether it be Roxby, Whyalla, Mt Barker, or Strathalbyn - all of that stuff should have been allowed to happen 15-20 years ago but all the wowsers poo- poo'd it all and the pollies bowed to small elements of public pressure.

As for Adelaide City Council.........no need to say anything there!!

The irony is that Adelaide & SA could be so much more than it is and indeed it could very well have led the rest of the country in terms of developing a vibrant, progressive, complimentary city & urban environment years ahead of other cities. The fact is Adelaide which used to have for a very long time the 4th highest median property value behind Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane lost its' way; Perth absolutely smashed Adelaide for progressive & complimentary infrastructure development by 15 years and has left Adelaide in its' wake.

I was in Adelaide for three days at Xmas - hadn't been back there for quite a few months and all I saw was Grenfell St buildings either up for sale, lease or windows totally coin scratched and covered in graffiti and offices empty. Grenfell St used to have a healthy case of businesses and offices and it was Prime 'A' commercial space, can't say that now. Go further south and the story is worse for Pirie & Flinders.

Grote & Gouger streets have just become a dirty, smelly, burgeoning Asian restaurant (many of them struggling for trade!!) precinct and trying to take a walk through the mosh pit which used to be known as Central Markets showed that they too are bursting at the seams and can't cope with the number of people that go through there.

For years the Gouger Street traders have battled ACC to develop the area and they simply will not do it. We used to eat at Taste of Spice (three up from Gauchos) regularly between 1993 and 2000 and whenever talking with Peter Watt (proprietor) he was absolutely beside himself at not being able to get anything done in Council. He's since gone back to China and T.O.S is no longer there. The traders have tried for years to have Gouger St sectioned off to become a covered mall with outdoor cafes etc. Nothing has changed and nothing has happened nearly 20 yrs on.

Same thing applies to Pultney St. traders - it's just Struggle St. for them. With the focus on the east end (Rundle St & Frome Rd and up into Hutt St) everywhere else has simply died off.

As for the southern expressway........why would you build a massive one-way road like that when blind Freddy could see the population sprawl not just coming, but actually happening 20 years ago. Now they are panicking and trying to rein in the sprawl across the southern vales and down the Fleurieau peninsula.

My old man who used to love everything about Adelaide - he was just so into the State history, the pioneering Germans, the layout of the city and the magnificent parklands, the lifestyle, restaurants, arts & culture. He was bandmaster for Tanunda, Hahndorf, Kensington Norwood and Port Adelaide town bands after 30 years in army bands. I can tell you he wouldn't hear a word against Adelaide unless you had a very strong evidence base. Then came Tonkin, Bannon, Arnold, Brown & Olsen; 5 successive Premiers that stopped all development, business & financial growth. Dad would say often that "the wheels have fallen off, they're driving SA into the ground". Dad was always reasoned in his comments and was never bitter & twisted, so I would pay attention when he spoke of these matters and until I left Adelaide to see the rest of the country and overseas I used to think SA was great.

Yes i'm an ugg boot wearing Port Adelaide Magpies & Power supporter myself (fully paid up member to both). Used to play footy & cricket for Pooraka & Ingle Farm and I still love getting back to Alberton for suburban SANFL games; thats where I am happy for time to stand still.......which is good 'cause theres a lot of that in Adelaide.

:D

Ian.

Adelaide

Hey Ian, bit hard to get into the city to check out what your saying there is too much traffic from the Tour Down Under and setting up of the Clipsal 500 maybe I will get a chance after the Fringe Festival. Go Crows:):):)

Just when I thought you may be one of the few South Australians with a bit of sense, you come out with this gem:

"Go Crows"

Nope sorry, off you go, get back down to the bottom of the gene pool. :roll eyes:

Ian.

Back