pick a watch

Which watch do you like and which would you buy as a pressie for a 21yo who often dresses semi formal socially and at work?

He likes watches, btw.

http://shop.davidjones.com.au/djs/e...or-him/sight-series-mens-watch-5416-543393--1

The one in the main picture is the one I'm considering buying, and watch 1 and 5 at the bottom (scroll down) are the second and third preference.

I prefer not to spend over $300 but if most like sample 3 I could spend more.

Feel free to post any other examples or brands that you think are similar and that you think might appeal.

It's not easy buying this sort of thing for someone else, but I like DJ's for their return policy.

Main picture for "value for money" but the fith one on the right at the bottom is simple elegant and stylish and would go with most if not all outfits.

BTW I don't wear a watch.

I'm 24 and like a good looking watch, not even looking at the price I'd definitely go for the second option (brown timex). It's got a lot more character than the CK watches and I'm pretty sure they're just ~$300 because of the name. Maybe not everyones style but if I had to pick out of three I'd go the black one in the main picture.

Pfft, watches are for pussies.;)

flavor-flav-red-carpet.jpg

VY Thats my work watch! 7 year battery life is killer! I have the gold coloured one for holidays :)

Love it!

I haven't worn a watch regularly in years, but was thinking about getting one of these just because it's different to the $3000 chunks of gold and glass my colleagues all seem to wear.

When I was in my early 20's, I bought myself a fob watch on a chain - great with jeans or an occasion piece.

Now I wear my Constellation Chronometer most days (way out of that budget), the Deville when I want the 'gold watch', my Suunto Sports for the gym, the Garmin when I am on the bike (tells me where to go & how to get there, just like my +1), the Pierre Cardin when I am slumming it.

(Oh no! I am a watch tragic).

I only wish someone bought me one of these at that age:

SKX781K1-4T.jpg

The Seiko Orange Monster:
- Automatic Mechanical with a reliable movement - never change a battery
- Diver's Waterproof to 200m - just in case it gets wet
- Lights up like a torch at night with all that lume!
- Very solid stainless steel construction on a bulletproof bracelet (which outdoes watches with an extra 0 on the price tag!)
- It makes a statement on the wrist!
- Only US$199 from Long Island Watch - a reputable dealer according to the watch forums who think this is one of the great bargains in watch land (I did look once upon a time but then I found someone who could fix my 20 year old watch at a reasonable price...). There are others of course but it's a hard to find the model in Australia apparently.

There is also a Black version but I just like the Orange... works as everything from a work watch to a dress watch IMO.

Failing that I would go with VY's idea but get the G-Shock Solar version with the same face - much more robust / waterproof, never change a battery and a bit more chunky. Only around another $30 or so... Casio's like that are amazing value!

Failing that I would go with VY's idea but get the G-Shock Solar version with the same face - much more robust / waterproof, never change a battery and a bit more chunky. Only around another $30 or so... Casio's like that are amazing value!

The thing is he has something similar to that already (VY's), bought used from a friend that was hardly worn at less than half the price.

Why I was looking for something a bit different.

He recieved a replica of sample 3 (watch 5) bought from Bali by a mate about 3 years ago, and he thought it was a nice looking design apart from it being a fake.

That Hugo Boss isn't bad. Hmmm...

Now I'm really confused.

Stuhrling.jpg

Unique, elegant and for real timepiece enthusiasts... I love mine ;)

Very nice.

Not sure if he's quite the timepiece enthusiast yet, or whether he ever will be.

I do know if it develops to that he can buy his own!

He does like them however and I thought it would be a nice gift to recieve for a 21st, particularly the more dressy type.

And the reason I didn't want to spend too much is because he's got some airfare tickets coming to him as well.

Not sure if he's quite the timepiece enthusiast yet, or whether he ever will be.

I like the Hugo Boss and Seiko orange monster for $200-300 but if he gets into them and has big wrists he can try a 60mm Panerai PAM341.

dRKVC37.jpg

PNlMrY3.jpg

xOIjDbD.jpg

o555rEa.gif

Back