Pics of Your Pets!

My English Staffie

image.jpg

My English Staffie.

Coota

Bindi - a grey Coolie/Border cross - and Spot - a dog of indeterminate breed but suspect Border/Retriever/Kelpie/Staffie - helping me weed the garlic (not) ... Bindi is like the energiser bunny on steriods so hope she slows down a bit as she gets older.

Both are 2.5 yrs old and both are rescue dog.

Oh - and then there's Sneaks the cat :D ... rescued out of a swimming pool at 4 weeks and hand raised

Don't forget the horses - Roy (chestnut) - Paddy (grey) - and Badger (the other one)

Attachments

• WP_20150419_007.jpg
    WP_20150419_007.jpg
    767 KB · Views: 52
  • WP_20150407_010.jpg
    WP_20150407_010.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 49
  • WP_20150411_002.jpg
    WP_20150411_002.jpg
    626.7 KB · Views: 47
Like neeko's pooches our Cookie is a rare breed, she's a " Carnarvon special" c/o Carnarvon pound. Also known as Saint Cookie, she's barely put a paw wrong in three and a half years with us.

Attachments

• IMG_17043555389729.jpeg
    IMG_17043555389729.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 20130320_213509.jpg
    20130320_213509.jpg
    739.6 KB · Views: 57
we collected 6 foster kittens from the spca: CUTE

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC02651a.jpg
    DSC02651a.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 376
  • DSC02648a.jpg
    DSC02648a.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
I have two beautiful golden retrievers. Sophie turned 15 this week and Lucy is 9 months. Had trouble Uploading pics, will add another later.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    640.7 KB · Views: 50
This is my besy buddy, Huckleberry, our 6.5 year old Great Dane. He's a legend.

Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with bone cancer 3 weeks ago, and last week he had one of his back legs amputated.

He'll start chemo next week, but it is incurable. It will eventually spread to his lungs. He should have a decent stint left first though, and he'll enjoy every minute of it!

He's doing amazing on 3 legs, it's been a heck of a week with him, getting him through the early post-op stages, but he's getting stronger every day. He's a real champ, we can learn so much from them.

mini-1_1.jpg

Sharing the sunny spot with our rescue cat, Finn.

mini-2_1.jpg

Letting us know it's dinner time.

mini-3_1.jpg

Favorite place number 1: - My car, head out the window.

mini-4_1.jpg

Favorite place number 2:- At work with me, snoozing next to my desk.

mini-5_1.jpg

Can tell Huckleberry is one well loved family member. He is very handsome. Sorry to hear about his cancer diagnoses.

Thanks Nemo. He's definitely a well loved family member for sure, he's been the best dog you could ever wish for. We just have to make every day as great as possible for him.

This is my besy buddy, Huckleberry, our 6.5 year old Great Dane. He's a legend.

Unfortunately, he was diagnosed with bone cancer 3 weeks ago, and last week he had one of his back legs amputated.

He'll start chemo next week, but it is incurable. It will eventually spread to his lungs. He should have a decent stint left first though, and he'll enjoy every minute of it!

He's doing amazing on 3 legs, it's been a heck of a week with him, getting him through the early post-op stages, but he's getting stronger every day. He's a real champ, we can learn so much from them.

It's so sad when your pets get sick and pass away. Our little boy "Butters" (golden retriever) died last year, he was only 3yo. Poor guy had a congenital defect with his liver. Most dogs with that particular condition don't make it past their first birthday. But a successful 7 hour long surgery got him another 2 years.

The new next door neighbours have a Great Dane, our golden retrievers think he is awesome.

I read on wikepedia the other day that their life expectancy is only 6-8 years. Seems so short, even for a dog.

But yeah I feel your pain, it can be a lot like losing a child.

1600m2 block... that size isn't common. In my area right now a 400m2 block sells for $350 000. 10 k's from the CBD, so very lucky to have a nice big backyard.

We actually purchased the 1600m2 block as an IP. It backs onto our PPOR block. So we moved the fence to steal 800m2 of the IP's back yard and added it to ours. So now we have an L shaped 1600m2 block. See pic: the PPOR is the yellow outline and the IP is the red outline.

The 1600m2 block cost $370k at a mortgagee auction in 2012. After all reno costs, stamp duty, etc... I spent a total of $410 000 on the property. It got valued a year or so ago for $550 000 by the bank.

The dogs absolutely love the big backyard, they run around like crazy. We have chickens behind that cream pool fence section you can see in the previous pic and the dogs love to run up and down tormenting chickens.

OMG!!! $550k for a 1600m2 block with a decent house 10 k's from the CBD :eek: You could get lost in a yard that big. Bye bye Melbourne and Sydney you over priced tarts, Brisbane here I come :D

Below are my two Siamese. The large one is male, dumb and lovable. The smaller is female, clever and neurotic.

099.jpg

That's our 10 year old fluffy (translated into English), but he had a haircut! He always lies on something.....

It's so sad when your pets get sick and pass away. Our little boy "Butters" (golden retriever) died last year, he was only 3yo. Poor guy had a congenital defect with his liver. Most dogs with that particular condition don't make it past their first birthday. But a successful 7 hour long surgery got him another 2 years.

The new next door neighbours have a Great Dane, our golden retrievers think he is awesome.

I read on wikepedia the other day that their life expectancy is only 6-8 years. Seems so short, even for a dog.

But yeah I feel your pain, it can be a lot like losing a child.

Sorry to hear about Butters, well done for getting him another couple of years!

Yes, 8 years for a Dane is about average, some make it to 10 but very rare. Most die from Bloat before aged 5, (it's like colic in a horses and very common in deep chested dogs), it's almost always fatal, usually because it happens through the night or when you're out and by the time you find them they're too far gone. Luckily, Huck bloated about this time last year but he started when I was home and I knew the symptoms so we had him in surgery within the hour and saved all his stomach and spleen.

When they open them up to untwist the gut they also stitch it to the side of the stomach cavity, that way if he ever bloats again his stomach can't twist so it won't be life threatening.

As sad as it is that he's currently unwell, he's already had a year that he shouldn't have had and we'll do everything we can to make sure he has the best of whatever he may have left after chemo. Not just for our sake, but for his, we're prepared to do what's necessary when the time comes and he starts to suffer, it's not fair on them to drag out their suffering for us.

Great thread, keep the pics coming!

No pics!

My cat won't eat any meat. No tinned cat food, no fresh chicken, lamb, beef etc (cooked or un cooked). She does like prawns and comes running if I mention the P word; only cooked though. That's just weird for a cat! She'll only eat dry biscuits. At a couple of bucks a week for biscuits and another couple for prawn treats I'm not complaining. I'm a little concerned with the lack of meat in her diet.

She often sleeps near my feet at the end of the bed. In the last couple of weeks she's decided that she needs to sleep on me! I wake up with her on my chest/tummy/groin, toss her off and she's back before I can get back to sleep.

Can anyone recommend a feline dietician and shrink in Brisbane?

Back