PIN free EFTPOS terminals??

will be good when they are imbedded into your mobile. i saw something about mobile phones being drilled into your teeth so they will always be available. a small chip inserted under your skin and linked to your accoutns could be handy too.

Banks promise to refund fraudulent transactions on unverified cards
but you have to tell them, and prove the transaction is not yours
they know that most do not check statements and the burden of proof is onerous
win for the bank

will be good when they are imbedded into your mobile. i saw something about mobile phones being drilled into your teeth so they will always be available. a small chip inserted under your skin and linked to your accoutns could be handy too.

That would be a grea idea, at least you then don't have to worry about forgeting your wallet lol... Any idea how long till they start wanting to stab us with there new chips

I won't be getting a paywave capable card :eek: That would be like carrying $1000's in your wallet. Lose your wallet, and someone can go on a shopping spree, spending up to $100 in dozens of stores or even more, until you notice your wallet is missing and manage to cancel the lost card :mad:

If you have a chip in your tooth or under your skin etc, theifs don't even have to touch you to steal :eek: All they need is a high tech scanner, which will communicate with your chip, just as if you were in a store making a purchase, communicating with their high tech scanners :(

Nothing beats using a pin number, and ensuring you keep the keypad concealed. The only way to get scammed there is if the store is illegally recording the numbers being inputted on the keypad.

Banks promise to refund fraudulent transactions on unverified cards
but you have to tell them, and prove the transaction is not yours
they know that most do not check statements and the burden of proof is onerous
No, it's the other way around. The person claiming the money has to prove that it's a valid transaction, so apart from having to check transactions, it's not onerous at all for the purchaser. :)

I used one the other day for the first time, sure it saved maybe 30 seconds of time at the register, but is this at the cost of the users security??

I would say so, i don't think i'd use one. Not secure if there's no proof that it's you!

Oh, the maccas scam. I work at Maccas and their new and improved "technology" to stop scammers isn't new cameras or more advanced machines. It's getting us to hold the machine while someone uses it, doesn't do much considering you have to turn away while they enter a pin, which means they can still mess around with the key pads!

I won't be getting a paywave capable card :eek: That would be like carrying $1000's in your wallet. Lose your wallet, and someone can go on a shopping spree, spending up to $100 in dozens of stores or even more, until you notice your wallet is missing and manage to cancel the lost card :mad:

Nothing beats using a pin number, and ensuring you keep the keypad concealed. The only way to get scammed there is if the store is illegally recording the numbers being inputted on the keypad.

Agreed!

Back